Anyone still play Birth of the Federation?

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by HelenofBorg, Sep 4, 2019.

1. DarthTimon

DarthTimon Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I recall it as an enjoyable but tough game, no matter what empire I started as. Personally, I preferred the original Armada.

Gary Mitchell likes this.
  2. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

My main memory of the Summer of 1999 was getting our new puppy at the time and also playing this all afternoon on my older brothers PC while he was at work. I would have been 15 and on 6 week summer vacation from school.

I recall playing as the Federation mostly, just because of the ships, but yeah I agree about the people rioting and constantly whining. Maybe it was just our computer, but although the game started out fine, I remember after many many turns it started to slow down really bad, and waiting what felt like forever for a turn to tick over.

3. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

I still play it from time to time even if it's been almost a year since I recently played it. Most of the time I play the Ultimate Dominion War mod since I find The Dominion a better enemy than the Ferengi.

Sadly that they never continued to develope the Voyager mod. There were some weird bugs in it andthey were going to fix it but nothing happened.