Anyone doing a Winter Season this year?

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by G2309, Oct 15, 2011.

1. G2309

G2309 Captain Captain

I'm planning to go out to Val d'Isere again for a winter season. Anyone else thinking about it. If so where?
    If not I recomend a season if you can.

2. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

Not sure what you mean.

I think the whole Northern Hemisphere is doing a winter season in a couple months though...

3. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

Since he mentioned Val d'Isère, a pretty popular skiing location in the Alps between France and Italy, I suppose he means a ski holiday or something like that.

I've never done it, since counting equipment, accommodation, use of ski-runs, etc., skiing is crazy expensive around here. So my answer is nope.

4. SmoothieX

Oh. I went to the Everglades and the Florida Keys for a few days last winter. After the beatdown Mother Nature gave us in the Northeast last winter, it was a nice getaway. I despised how hot it was, but it was about the only place that was a short flight from here that we knew would not get snow or ice.

5. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure. I was hoping we could just skip it this year. It'd be a nice change.

6. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Premium Member

I'm driving to Vail this winter for a short ski trip, but I haven't gone on a big ski trip in ages. Nowadays it's too much hassle (and too costly) to haul skis around on a plane trip.

7. SmoothieX

No way dude. I love winter, and I need some snow right about now.

8. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah, but Massachusetts winters aren't the same thing as Ontario winters... haha.

I shouldn't complain, though, really. I've moved down to the "warm" part of the province, so it'll be relatively mild here compared to what I'm used to.

9. SmoothieX

I lived in Vermont for several years. They do a reasonable approximation of winter there.

I'm hoping I can take off a few days around my birthday in January and do something fun. I think I may be moving cross country in the spring though, so we'll see.

10. G2309

G2309 Captain Captain

Yeh I meant a ski season sorry. It does get expensive if its just a short holiday though.

11. SmoothieX

Got it.

Upon further review, my 'vacation' will involve retracing the Oregon Trail as I go from Boston to Portland. Should be fun as I will get to knock off 2 of the 10 states I have yet to visit and hopefully a couple of the National Parks left on my 35 park bucket list. Better still will be if the wife doesn't get cholera and my car doesn't sink as we attempt to ford the Snake River.