Spoilers Andor season one

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Turtletrekker, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

That and melange.

2. Dee1891

Dee1891 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have to say this about "The Book of Boba Fett". I thought most of it was okay, but rather mediocre. Although I found Boba's relationship with the Tuskens rather interesting. But I really disliked those two episodes about Din Djarin, which I believe had no business being in the series. I would have marked the series as a complete failure for me, if it had not been for that crazy finale, which I must admit I loved.

Jedman67 likes this.
  3. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Book of Boba Fett is totally saved by how it gives character to Fett. His relationship with all the various players is actually endearing in a way, and seeing him trying to build relationships. While the Mandalorian inclusion felt very out of place, how Boba and Din interact was decent enough as character moments. So, I enjoy Fett now as a character and what he went through in that series.

4. Dee1891

I didn't mind that Din Djarin was there to help Boba. I did mind that he was given two standalone episodes in a series that was NOT supposed to be about him.

Commander Troi and Crewman6 like this.
  5. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

If I recall, they added one of those episodes into the show so that the appearance of Din and Grogu would make sense. Possibly due to a delay filming Season three of The Mandalorean, as the shows should have come out together and crossed over for what became episodes six of the Book of Boba Fett. With episode five being the first episode of season three.

Commander Troi likes this.
  6. Dee1891

They didn't need Grogu in that finale. Lucasfilm could have reunited Din and Grogu in Season 3 in "The Mandalorian". Oh well. The damage is done.

7. fireproof78

That's the thing though is that it felt very unnecessary. If they were worried about the Mandalorian Season 3 making sense then, and I know this is crazy talk, fix it in Season 3. Or do a little short. But, in the middle of another show as two episodes to set it up? It grinds the pace to a halt. It brings in 3 different narrative elements in Luke and his Academy, Grogu's choice, Ahsoka's mission and none of that has anything to do with Boba Fett and his story. It's a weird pacing choice.

8. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    ^
    This.

All of this.

This is most of the reason why The Book of Boba Fett is my least-favorite of the live-action Star Wars series. We had two or three entire episodes sidetracked by the presence of characters that weren't made for the series, did nothing but distract and whom could have waited until their own series launched their new season.

9. Dee1891

I must admit that "The Book of Boba Fett" is my least favorite DisneyPlus series. But I would still rather watch it than the Sequel Trilogy.

cooleddie74 likes this.
  10. fireproof78

If I'm feeling Star Wars it's OT then ST, then one of the Disney Plus shows. Or Solo.

11. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The only ST movie I won't watch is the Rise of Skywalker.

I won't watch any of the prequels, they just bore me.

I liked Boba well enough, but I probably won't watch it again until right before Season 2 comes out (if they do a Season 2). If they don't do a Season 2, I'll probably watch it during a rewatch of Mando or something.

TedShatner10 likes this.
  12. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

ROTS was on earlier and a lot of it holds up really well. I think I liked it better than the last time I saw it.

Then after ROTS they go right into Rogue One. When they get locked in Saw's dungeon, Cassian says "this is a new one for me". Canon violation??

TedShatner10 likes this.
  13. cooleddie74

Well, he was held captive in a cell with metal bars and by fellow Rebels so that would be kind of new for him.

;)

fireproof78 and saddestmoon like this.
  14. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

Or just that he was being held in a regular cell rather thsn something more elaborate that the Empire uses.

15. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The writing on andor is so tight that if you stuck a lump of coal up its ass in two weeks you'd have a diamond

16. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Don't be to hard on Bobba Fett using Mando and Grogu because Andor might need something like that to improve the ratings for season 2. I can see it now. Andor all drunk at some bar do to him drinking away the pain of the loss of his mom.

He eventually stumbles out and then see's 2 Storm Troopers walking by and he quickly hides in a abandoned building before they see him. Inside he finds Luthern inside holding a baby. He says "Andor we need you to guard this baby. She is key to stopping the Emprie." We look and see it's another Baby Yoda only this time it's a girl. Grogu has a sister we never knew about!

"Do whatever you can do to protect her Andor and also bond with her because we want the toy sales to go through the roof umm I mean stop the Empire." He does and 12 episodes later our hearts or melting over a wonderful daddy and daughter family drama taking place in the heart of the Resistance.

17. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

That is certainly some interesting imagery I now have in my head.

Commander Troi and Starkers like this.
  18. Jedi Marso

Jedi Marso Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Started the rewatch of Andor.

The first watch through was the reveal on everything- great stuff. At the end of it you know how everything slots in.

The rewatch just cements it. When you see it all again, you realize how tightly plotted the whole thing is from start to finish. Pure gold. Andor and Luthen are professional insurgents, on different levels. Bix is an amateur rebel- the kind that gets caught and killed. The big guy (Andor's friend on Ferrix) is the kind that, if he survives long enough, winds up in the trenches on Hoth. Andor, of course, winds up an officer in the Rebel Alliance. He has skills, and he has street smarts, and he's willing to break as many eggs as it takes to make the omelet. Ultimately, as Luthen predicts, he dies fighting those bastards. What he realizes but never gives in to is the fact that he is one of the eggs. Andor and Luthen are birds of a feather- Luthen sees it at the end of S1, hence the grin.

19. Dee1891

How odd, considering there had been numerous complaints about the show's pacing and having too many episodes.

Jedman67 and valkyrie013 like this.
  20. cooleddie74

Not literally using them but still.... :rofl:

[​IMG]