And the Next Cancelled Show is...

Royal Pains is technically flawless, but it has no balls.

SWEEP THE LEG! SWEEP THE ####ING LEG!

(Nope.)

The show creates incredibly tense situations, which are resolved by hugs and bunnies.

"Sigh"

I watched season 2 of Alpha House last weekend, and there was (the new secret emergency sister) Emma from Royal Pains unrecognisably involved in some of the most repressed Mormon sex scenes imaginable called "soaking".

Nashville is safe because of MASSIVE tax breaks.

Also the Nashville show is owned by ABC.

Its also possible that song revenue on iTunes, etc, might help keep the show profitable.

I'm not kidding about massive tax breaks. Before it got renewed in May there was news ABC threatened to move the show's filming to LA. Nashville TN is pretty much paying for the show. SO the music and fact it's owned by ABC we will probably get a few more seasons out of the show, many another 22 episode season and a final 13 episode season 5.

I'm not kidding about massive tax breaks. Before it got renewed in May there was news ABC threatened to move the show's filming to LA. Nashville TN is pretty much paying for the show. SO the music and fact it's owned by ABC we will probably get a few more seasons out of the show, many another 22 episode season and a final 13 episode season 5.

Some speculation about the ABC produced show Revenge, on whether it might see a 13-episode final season 5, even with crappy low ratings for the new first-run season 4 episodes broadcast so far.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...s-a-toss-up-to-be-canceled-or-renewed/322459/

Revenge continues to be stuck in the low 1s, (at this point) barely edging out Forever for the worst rated ABC drama. Yet I'm not positive it ends this season - a final 13 episode Season 5 order for Spring, padding their syndication numbers and giving ABC something to cover a Fall Sunday failure, is what the industry is largely moving to. Until ABC has multiple Spring dramas succeed, I will consider this a (low-end) toss up.
This might very well apply also to Nashville in the future.

I'm not kidding about massive tax breaks. Before it got renewed in May there was news ABC threatened to move the show's filming to LA.

This sounds very much like a bargaining chip, where the city of Nashville had everything to lose.

I'm sure everybody on both sides (Disney/ABC and the city of Nashville) knew what was at stake here: two more seasons of the show to get that magic number of 88 episodes for off-network syndication. Either the city of Nashville got that additional revenue, or LA did.

I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happens behind the scenes of other shows that were shot away from places like Los Angeles, New York City, Vancouver, etc ... such as recent shows like Hawaii Five-0, Dallas, etc ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/22/us/dallas-now-on-tnt-is-really-filmed-in-dallas-this-time.html

I'm not kidding about massive tax breaks. Before it got renewed in May there was news ABC threatened to move the show's filming to LA.

This sounds very much like a bargaining chip, where the city of Nashville had everything to lose.

I'm sure everybody on both sides (Disney/ABC and the city of Nashville) knew what was at stake here: two more seasons of the show to get that magic number of 88 episodes for off-network syndication. Either the city of Nashville got that additional revenue, or LA did.

I don't think they would have actually moved the show, I think the would have just canceled it. They knew Nashville was getting some great advertising by the show and would pay more to keep the show on the air and around or just pack up shop. But now I don't see any chance of it ending soon, this season will not be the last just because it's so close to having enough episodes.

Surprised about Forever, wonder if they have no faith in their midseason shows. I wonder if ABC might try a timeslot change to bring some of that DVR audience back into watching it live.

118 episodes, CBS already has more than enough episodes for syndication, so this might be the final season.

A few weeks ago, TNT might have taken a huge "write down" on their Hawaii Five-0 and The Mentalist off-network syndication deals.

https://variety.com/2014/tv/news/tu...owns-layoffs-and-exec-uncertainty-1201332946/

The big news from HBO at Time Warner’s investor meeting Wednesday overshadowed another surprise announcement that Turner Broadcasting would take a $400 million write-down on programming expenditures.

Turner execs didn’t elaborate on the specific shows that would be written off, nor would execs comment on the matter. But the $400 million figure was seen as a stunner by seasoned industry observers — and more evidence that the management of Turner’s cablers is in need of an overhaul.

Sources say a significant portion of the write-down is coming from two megabuck off-network acquisitions that have been disappointing performers for TNT: “Hawaii 5-0,” from CBS’ syndie arm, and “The Mentalist,” from Warner Bros.

Turner paid a whopping $2.5 million an episode back in 2009 to snag “Mentalist” (pictured) rights; the show is about to head into its seventh and final season. “Hawaii 5-0,” now in its fifth season on CBS, is believed to have grabbed about $2 million an episode in a 2011 deal with TNT.

Not sure if this is old news, but CBS confirmed today that this season would be the last for "The Mentalist."'

Again? How many last seasons does this show get?

Most likely season 7 of The Mentalist will be the end.

Also it appears The Mentalist reruns have already been pulled from TNT. Reruns still show up once a week on MyTV. (In terms of ota + basic cable channels).

Hawaii Five-0 is still in reruns on TNT, albeit mostly during overnight graveyard hours. Not exactly a sign of confidence on the part of TNT.

Perhaps it wouldn't be too surprising if a large portion of Turner/TNT's recent $400+ million writedown was from pulling The Mentalist reruns, and the less than stellar graveyard hours for Hawaii Five-0 reruns.

Last edited:
ABC cancels 'Selfie.'

Deadline Hollywood wrote:

Selfie just joined its Tuesday companion, fellow new ABC comedy Manhattan Love Story, on the list of cancellations this season. ABC has opted not to order more episodes of Selfie beyond the initial 13. Unlike Manhattan Love Story, which was pulled effective immediately, Selfie will be on this coming Tuesday but its scheduling beyond that is unclear. Two original episodes of the series each logged an underwhelming 0.9 in 18-49 (Live+same day) this week. Another low-rated showing will likely trigger yanking from the schedule.

I seriously wish I could go to networks and tell them whether shows were going to be a hit simply based off of blurbs. I think I would have an 80% track record over the last decade.

Selfie was a cute show but I'm not that saddened by its passing. I will miss getting to see Karen Gillan every week but that accent was atrocious :lol:

Back