And the Next Cancelled Show is...

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Guy Gardener, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

It's a bit of a fine line I guess with a lot of stuff being semi scripted. That girl on MAFS (Married At First Sight) went a bit overboard on the drama and broke a champagne glass in front of another girl and honestly I thought almost for a moment that she was going to glass her but she just put it down after that and reverted. It was almost like a switch had been thrown and she was calm again which made the moment feel less then totally genuine if she was feeling that kind of rage. I mean I don't want to see that happen on a show, on camera but I think it might one day with the way they push the "contestants" to add more drama and more conflict on these kind of shows. I mean probably does happen off camera, but we just don't hear about it.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
    137th Gebirg likes this.
  2. SithHappens

SithHappens Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think the producers are definitely pushing buttons behind the scenes to create drama in MAFS, and a lot of editing to make a situation look a little different from what it was.

It makes good entertainment (in my opinion) and you get caught up in it but makes you wonder why some of them want to put themselves through it, Olivia who shared the pictures of the girl who smashed the glass came across as a thoroughly awful human being and its hard to believe anyone is really that bad.

3. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, the drama was mostly in things either succeeding or failing miserably, though it was always in good fun, and always learning about the science behind their theories. Sometimes they've overreached in their goals, and sometimes they failed spectacularly, but I don't think anyone could be disappointed when things didn't quite go in the direction they were expecting.

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  4. Gingerbread Demon

Was the cannonball episode really that bad the way people hyped it up? Was it just the distance the ball had gone? To clarify I have never seen that episode and it's the one with the reputation that it killed the show.

5. Owain Taggart

I dunno. I can't say for sure. I don't even remember watching it, but we have to remember that in these shows there are tons of variables that are sometimes not accounted for.

6. Gingerbread Demon

OMG that was pretty bad

7. dupersuper

dupersuper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's if they're lucky. I remember an old episode of Harry's Law that had the lawyer go through a list of former reality TV contestants that committed suicide afterwards because they came off so badly. This was many years back and the list wasn't short.

No: it's too real.

8. Owain Taggart

Yeah, I guess so. And I've found that even if someone ends up winning isn't guaranteed success. Canada for instance had their own version of American Idol. It only lasted 6 seasons. But of the winners, none of them have really had any flourishing careers, in fact some of the runner ups have had more success such as Carly Ray Jepsen.

9. Nerroth

Nerroth Commodore Commodore

In fairness, it would appear that season 3's winner currently has gainful employment as part of the Mid-Wilshire Division of the LAPD...

Shamrock Holmes likes this.
  10. Owain Taggart

Which is probably as far away from a music career as they come :lol: And most of the Canadian Idol winners have all peaked around 2011.

11. Farscape One

Farscape One Vice Admiral Admiral

Until someone comes along and dances and sings calling themselves a 'Bullet Ballerina'...

12. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

13. Gingerbread Demon

That would actually be awesome. I'd watch that.
    I used to know a girl in the Australian Ballet who liked to do alternative kinds of things like that. She'd probably have approved.

14. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

15. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

I doubt anyone else is going to want it; it probably only got as far as it did because of the corporate synergy involved.

I love Field of Dreams for what it was, but can't see it sustaining a regular series (even if we're talking about the shortened seasons streaming shows get).

16. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

Keep seeing on twitter that Boris is going to have another kid to pay for.
    Has anyone seen anything on legitimate sites? Can't see anything the on BBC.

17. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

Boris... Johnson? :confused:

18. DarrenTR1970

DarrenTR1970 Commodore Commodore

NBC has picked up "Magnum P.I." for two seasons. So, that means it's uncancelled.

N-121973 and dupersuper like this.
  19. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Wow, that was fast. They cancel it and just a month or two later, it's uncancelled. I guess they realized they don't have anything else to air. :lol:

The Nth Doctor and Gary Mitchell like this.
  20. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

I couldn't even watch the whole first episode of the new Magnum P.I.

Velocity likes this.