And the Next Cancelled Show is...

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Guy Gardener, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

I've tuned in for 15 years, but I agree. Are multiple killings by one person that common?

2. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes. It's estimated that there are at least 25 serial killers active in the US right now.

3. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

You shouldn’t be mean to Sarah Silverman. She’s a Star Trek alum.

4. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

So are a lot people.

5. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

And we she should be nice to all of them.
    Except that child molester.

6. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't mind seeing her come back to Trek in a new role. Maybe voice one of the new cartoon characters or play a character on the Picard show. How about a funny Romulan? After all these years we have never seen so much as one Romulan with a sense of humor.

Jason

7. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

He was just practicing for his priest role on 7th Heaven.

Kitty Worrier and StefanM like this.
  8. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

The look on Tal’s face was pretty funny when the Enterprise cloaked. :shrug:

9. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

:rolleyes:

10. bigdaddy

Yes, please your your eyes at the fact that at least 6% of priests are child molesters. You don't think part of him took the role because of the characters 'good nature'?

11. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Suits renewed for season 9, which will also be the last season.

Gary Mitchell likes this.
  12. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

"The Simpsons" made fun of this show, this season. It's not actually a show. Just a bunch of filmed adds to create a fake show. Nobody actually watches it. I think the only thing I know is the characters must wear suits a great deal on the show.:)

Jason

13. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Well, Prince Harry is probably a fan of the show.

14. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I literally hadn't even heard of the show until Harry's engagement. :lol:

15. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Suits was actually pretty good when it kept in the original premise. But that was pretty much over after season 2 and then gone completely after Adams left.

It was the last of the USA heyday shows of 'peculiar character with a gimmick."

16. Aragorn

Suits is the last show left from USA's "Blue Sky" era, but it stopped being a "Blue Sky" show and is now more gritty and serious, and they drop f-bombs instead of just using "shit" for every single swear word.

Actually, Suits changing over to USA's more serious tone isn't that big of a shift within the reality of the show. The biggest shift was when Covert Affairs went from a happy sister with a happy family who goes on missions without a weapon to another 24 in between seasons. Burn Notice characters suddenly gunning bad guys down in the final seasons took a bit of getting used to also.

17. DrCorby

DrCorby Captain Captain

Um, the character was married with several children. Thus, he couldn't have been a Catholic priest. A quick Google search says he played an undefined Protestant minister, with possibilities including Episcopalian, United Methodist, and Disciples of Christ.

Collins was an actor; I seriously doubt he took an acting gig to hide any hidden desires he may have had. The pattern of abuse by far too many Catholic priests is a genuine tragedy. No need to make stuff up to make it seem even worse.

18. bigdaddy

Suits needed to end after 5 season five. It wasn't that it got too serious, it was just it ran out of steam. I made it until the kid got out of jail and Donna made some tech organizer and I bailed.

19. Aragorn

Suits has the most unlikable group of characters on TV. They can't go one scene without tearing the head off another person -- friends, family, clients, potential clients, their own co-workers, people they're going to for help -- why would anyone want to do business with them?

20. bigdaddy

Yeah. In 5-6 seasons I watched the name of the firm changed about 23 times. The last episode I remember watching a secretary became CFO of one of the largest law firms in NYC the year before because now there were only like 3 people left and they couldn't afford rent. It was beyond insane. And I like insane but it wasn't insane, goofy, bitchy fun, it was insane and depressing and stupid and unenjoyable.

Then I heard they even screwed up the wedding episode. That's impressive.

Show should have ended with Mike getting out of jail and actually going to law school. His girlfriend getting her law degree and everyone getting married.