And the Next Cancelled Show is...

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Guy Gardener, Oct 4, 2014.

1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow. What a detailed and thought out post. It makes Trump's Twitter look like Shakespeare.

2. cultcross

cultcross The Slay of the Doctor Moderator

Not necessary, thank you.

3. bigdaddy

No, it was because Ghosted hasn't been canceled, or renewed. So people would have thought it was canceled all because of useless spam that should be deleted.

4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^then why not simply point out that Ghosted hasn't been cancelled?

5. cultcross

cultcross The Slay of the Doctor Moderator

So you could say "Ghosted hasn't been cancelled" instead of an insult. It isn't up to you what is 'useless spam that should be deleted'.

6. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

E! has suspended Schwahn. The next season of "The Royals" has already been filmed, though.

7. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Should we add canceled actors to this thread? Both Al Franken and Sylvester Stallone have been accused of sexual harassment. Franken has admitted it, apologized for it and is calling for investigations into such misconduct on the Hill. No word from Stallone yet.

In other news, Mel Gibson is now declared "safe" by Hollywood standards.

What a mess...

8. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Al Franken isn't an actor--hasn't been for many years. Since 2009, he's served as the junior Senator from Minnesota.

Of course, one could also say Stallone hasn't been an actor for many years either. * ba dum ching* [​IMG]

9. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

One wonders if Franken still holds his SAG creds.

And yeah, Stallone should have retired officially years ago. His odd appearance in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 was...well...odd.

10. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

I love this bit of the story
    If you have any information regarding Sylvester Stallone please contact alan.butterfield @dailymail.com

Surely it should say something along the lines of please contact your local police force.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  11. bigdaddy

So... TRANSparent might kill off the ummm.... trans parent.......

Why you ask? Take a guess!
    http://tvline.com/2017/11/17/transparent-kill-maura-die-season-6-jeffrey-tambor/

It's one of the worst shows I've ever watched because it's so bad, the characters so awful and the storylines / plots so all over the place and jumpy I watched 2 seasons out of amazement of how bad it is.

And 137th brings up a good point, now hating jews but not being violent towards them is a step up in Hollywood land.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  12. bigdaddy

So yeah Jeffrey Tambor is gone from Transparent. They still are planning a 5th season with his character being dead. So insane.

Why I'm bringing it up again is this weird reply he had to groping charges...
    Groping people wouldn't be viewed as being aggressive by the groper, hell I don't even see it as being aggressive, that's really not the word.

People seem to be standing up more for him than other actors because he denies it, but clearly he did it. If not a normal person who isn't guilty would go 'I didn't grope anyone!' and not give this longer BS version.

13. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I looked up Alexandra Park, and it showed me the website for a local racetrack.

Weird.

somebuddyX likes this.
  14. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

How do we know a innocent person wouldn't react that way? Especially since he sort of implies that he is a asshole to work with? Seems to me the proper thing in some of these cases is suspension until a full invesigation is done and someone presses charges. I am kind of curious as to what goes on when a company decides to fire someone over things like this. Exactly what goes into a investigation? I assume they interview both sides and various co-workers and then research each person's history. Or do people just see what the public's reaction and make a choice on that?

Jason

15. bigdaddy

If I was innocent I would act like a human and not some weird phrasing. But guilt in Hollywood means nothing anyways. You are better off if you actually did it.

Right now everything is backwards. You're a pedophile, you become Senator, you are a rapist, you become President. You are actually found guilty of child rape/abuse, Hollywood loves you, Roman Polanski.

You are just accused of something, get fired from TV show. I still think he did it, because he's like I didn't do anything, but if I did I'm sorry. It's too political on set now'. Like he's using politican correctness of not groping women as an excuse, because if it were only 10 years ago he could have gotten away with it.

16. Jayson1

He might have did it but what I am saying is you can't really judge people on how they release a statement or the words they use. For starters I doubt many of them actually even come up with them and instead it's just a agent or a lawyer. Also saying he is hard to work with it strikes me as a way of saying that I have been a asshole and I offend people so that might be why people get angry with me instead of inapropiate tocuhing. I mean he could have just as easily brought out the "It was a different time" excuse or the "I was just joking' excuse. That to me would be a admission of guilt. Here he doesn't admit to any kind of touching only that he is expresses himself through volitile or lack of tact language and basically the "I am a asshole" admission. Me I could care less about the words people use though it is nice when people don't act like jerks and I am only concerned with their actions and whether or not they tried to force people into sexual situations against their will or tried to touch them in a sexual manner or masturbate in front of someone. Granted the bit I read might be incomplete and maybe he said more than what I read on that link.

Jason

17. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I love Transparent and I think it's done a lot to help with dialogue on transgender issues and how to talk about them (even if the plots are often ridiculous), which is why I'm very disappointed to read that Jeffrey Tambor did these awful things, including to a transgender woman. At this point, the show's image is damaged by these accusations and I wonder if it's just better to cancel the show and allow Jill Soloway to develop something new. Make room for more transgender actors in leading roles, a point that even Tambor noted during his acceptance speech for his first Emmy win.

18. Jayson1

Has he admitted to doing anything? If he did do it I agree the best thing to do is is basically just recreate a new show with a transgender actor. In fact I think it might even be a improvement where you do a show with a transgender actor that is just some show and the character being transgender is unimportant to the premise and is just one facet to the show. Maybe a starship captain on another space opera. I am hoping we see more of those kinds of shows now that Trek is back. Trying to continue on without the main reason most people watch the show is going to fail like "House of Cards" will fail if they try to do a season without Kevin Spacey. Some characters and actors are impossible to replace. Even a show like "Walking Dead" where characters die left and right knows you can't kill Rick and proably Darryl as well.

Jason

19. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I agree that there needs to be more transgender roles where their presence is unimportant to the premise. Laverne Cox was in a CBS legal drama as a supporting cast member but the show was quickly canceled (I watched one episode and it was awful). The groundwork has been laid out by Cox and others, and Transparent has been a part of that with transgender women in guest roles, but there's still a long way to go.

It's irrelevant that Tambor has denied the allegations. We must trust the women who make these accusations because far too often and for far too long they've been ignored. That's a large part why there are so many accusations now. Just look at Trace Lysette: She didn't say anything initially because she feared for her career and that's because of the lack of trust women and especially transgender people receive when it comes to sexual harassment and sexual assault.

I actually think killing off Frank Underwood will work for House of Cards (if that's what they do) for two reasons: That's what happened in the original series and Robin Wright's Claire has had such a strong presence in the show from the beginning. Placing in her in the solo lead is the most natural thing the show can do. I just hope they don't try to bring in some male lead to fill in Spacey's gap.

20. Jayson1

For me though you got to take each case on it's own terms. Historical context only presents a bigger picture of what is going on but is hard to apply to specific cases because you got tons and tons of individuals involved. Unless someone admits it I kind of prefer what the arrowverse people are doing with that one guy. Suspension,investigation and the facts will decide his fate. Of course I also have some radical idea's about governments role in these kinds of things such as making a department that is all about investigating these kinds of crimes and I also like the idea of companies having a HR department that doesn't answer to the companies CEO's or the show's creator but the government instead so you don't have people at the top trying to manipulate the investigation.

As for "House of Cards" I think the big issue is you basically do have to fill Spacey's gap because who is Claire going to even talk to in a even remotely honest fashion. Plus you loose the fact that Frank and Claire are kind of always trying to manipualte each other.

Jason