American Horror Story season 8 news

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Skulkin' Vulcan

Skulkin' Vulcan Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I've soured on AHS, but this might drag me back into the fold. Since they're renewed for S9 and S10, I'm really hoping for Ship of the Damned and AHS: The Space Opera. Get more ambitious and creative!

2. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Awesome Possum and Terok Nor like this.
  3. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

4. Terok Nor

Terok Nor Commodore Commodore

This season actually sounds awesome.

5. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Jessica Lange? I'm watching again!

6. Enterprise is Great

7. Enterprise is Great

Season premiere is September 12 - Sneak peak

8. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm hoping this season is good. While I enjoyed Cult, it's still nowhere near as good as Murder House, Asylum and Coven (my three faves). I found Freak Show through Roanoke started off with pretty good premises but shit the bed halfway through the season. Hopefully a post-apocalyptic mashup of two of my favorite seasons will be good!

9. Enterprise is Great

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Has he written for AHS before?
    I didn't realize Tim Minear and James Wong wrote for AHS.

11. Enterprise is Great

Coto is new to the show. Minear and Wong have been there since the first season.

12. Enterprise is Great

I'm not sure how far into the future that the nuclear war happened in. I'm guessing it's pretty close to now and Trump is still president (like he was during Cult). I thought that the first act with the nuclear was was the most effective part of the premiere . It played a little more campier than I thought though it was quite moving to see the news anchor telling his children he loved them. I also felt for the family when the oldest son was taken away. Then it just really weird with the underground bunker. it was slow but it was reflective of the boredom the characters felt while underground. Michael Langdon was kind of creepy But then he is
    the evil baby from the first season of the show and maybe the Anti-Christ
    so that was expected.

13. Turd Ferguson

The first act before the nukes fell was pretty tense. I loved the scene with everybody getting hopeful when "The Morning After" started playing then the 18 MONTHS LATER caption appeared :lol:

14. Enterprise is Great

WTF? Kathy Bates' character got shot in episode 2 and it looks like she may be a robot? She was leaking white fluid like the androids in the Alien films.

15. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

She could be some non-human thing as well. They've already shown some sort of mutants in the first episode and I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of demon or other creature appeared.

16. Enterprise is Great

Is that Tate in the rubbersuit because that would make the scene with Gallant and Rubber Man having sex be really weird even for this show.

17. Awesome Possum

I kept hoping he'd rip off the mask and reveal Tate. It's what I expect from the show at this point, but that might be held back for later.

18. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

The Coven's arrival to The Rolling Stones "She's A Rainbow" was a very cool and extremely welcome scene in this season's story.

Awesome Possum likes this.
  19. Awesome Possum

I’m wondering what’s the deal with Billie Lorde’s character, given Tate’s reaction she seems like something more than the normal witches we’ve seen so far. Based on the teaser for the next one, the Coven was there mainly for her.

20. Turd Ferguson

I'm really liking this season! And we now have a rough estimate of when the show takes place. When Michael attacks the detective, the time stamp on the footage says 2017, and this happens three years before the bombs fall. So, add 18 months to that, and we're looking at the apocalypse happening in 2020, with the season taking place in 2021/2022.

I really loved Madison's personal hell, too. Having to restock the towels in the department store and putting up with customers who keep mistaking her for Lindsay Lohan :lol:

Galileo7 likes this.