AMC's The Walking Dead Season 1 Discussion & Spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^As I recall a lot of the zombie dumping came about after the panic hit India and there were literally MILLIONS of people crowding the coastal docks trying to get the hell out of the "white zone." Imagine how many people you can cram onto just one of those huge bulk freighters if you packed them it tight. In those kind of cramped conditions all it would take is for one person to be able to hide a bite and suddenly the masses of ocean ghouls isn't so surprising.

2. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Male announcer: The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the white zone.
    Female announcer: No, the white zone is for loading of passengers and there is no stopping in a RED zone.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Male announcer: The red zone has ALWAYS been for loading and unloading of zombies only.

Female announcer: Don't tell me which zone is for stopping and which zone is for loading!!

Male announcer: Listen, Betty. Don't start with your white zone shit again.

4. SicOne

SicOne Commodore Commodore

^ Female announcer:I know what you're really saying. You want me to get an abortion!

Male announcer:It's the only sensible alternative...

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

^What is that from?

6. Silvercrest

The movie "Airplane!". It was the "white zone" reference that started me off.

7. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Has anyone ever done a Zombies-on-an-Airplane movie? :D

8. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sorta... The recent "Resident Evil" CGI movie had an infected guy zombifying pretty much the whole plane before it crashed into the airport terminal, whereupon the fun (and the movie) properly got going.

Mark

9. Silvercrest

Yes! There was the low-budget "Flight of the Living Dead" a couple years ago. And of course, the "B-17" sequence from "Heavy Metal."

10. Mr. Laser Beam

There was a Clive Barker zombie tale, I think it was called Night of the Living Dead: London, where that happened. A woman is bitten by a zombie and manages to board a plane, where she turns and infects all the passengers and crew. The plane lands - don't ask me how - and the zombies spill out and wreak havoc throughout London.

11. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

:rofl::guffaw::rofl::guffaw::rofl:

That's worth watching for the name alone!

12. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Here's the Flight of the Living Dead: Outbreak on a Plane trailer (I guess they needed a longer title):

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuY1LB8124c[/yt]

What other titles can we come up with for a "zombies on a plane" movie?

Dead Air
    Dead Eye Flight
    Deadhead

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Crap, I can't believe I didn't recognize the reference. I guess I need to watch it again. I've already seen it 3 or 4 times and I love it.

14. Mr. Laser Beam

"What is it, Sheriff Grimes? What's going on?"

"I'm not sure...I haven't seen anything like this since the Black-Eyed Peas concert. What did we have for dinner at the CDC?"

"Well Dr. Jenner said we could have steak or fish."

"Yes, yes, I remember, I had lasagna."

15. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Motherfuckin Zombies On A Plane.

16. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

The first (minor) details about the special features on the season one release are out. It's the usual suspects: "making of" feature; webisodes; audio commentaries; behind-the-scenes footage. As mentioned previously, it'll hit retail shelves on March 8th.

17. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Are the webisodes the motion comic, I wonder, or extra live-action scenes?

18. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

While not "on a plane" specifically, Dead Air is already taken by other Zombie Media:

[​IMG]

19. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep.

20. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Knowing network, the lesson won't be "people like intelligent drama." It will be "people like exploding brains."

Not to mention that Rick, et al, ran back to the camp from the city in less than a day after Merle stole the van.

Yep. And that's another reason why the writers were smart to establish early on that the TV series won't slavishly follow the comic book. Comic books have the luxury of child "actors" who don't age over several years. Live action movies and television don't. Carl alone is a reason why the TV show was going to have to deviate from the comic book plotlines.

Yeah, if a baseball bat to the skull causes enough brain damage to take out a zombie (which we've seen), I would think the percussive force of an explosion would too.

That actually makes the most sense. The bodies don't walk across the ocean, they drift.

In some ways, Rick is like Jack on LOST. He's the "hero," the group tends to look up to him, but damn if he doesn't fuck things up more often than not.