Alice Eve Screaming....

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by serenitytrek1, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

You just continue to start threads for no reason other than attention-seeking.

2. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

What? She screams for one second. Have you never heard a woman scream before?

3. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

No I am not,I am going to be a professional film critic one day. maybe even become Roger Egbert's protege:) (yeah that a long dream but still,I keep dreaming) and become a member the academy of arts and sciences. (yes...another impossible dream).

Movies to me is not just about fun, At times people use the fun excuse to make excuses for bad acting ,bad dialogues and silly potholes all tired to a bad film.

I am just keeping it real. most of the things I say is true that is why people get mad.

Constructive criticism is not hate or trying to seek attention.

While most of you here are blown away by the CGI, visual effects and the glorious action scenes in trek 2013, I on the other hand have picked up on substantial things that could affect the reception of this film like the acting or if the the actor's accents might be right of the character. (that was the reason for my Cumberbatch's accent thread)

Titanic(1998) was a great film and while most people where addicted to the love story. many film expert will tell you that one of the things that ruined the film a little bit was kate Winslet's American accent. it was absolutely terrible.

Kate herself has come out and admitted that her American accent sucked and it did.

A great movie just by its reception, We as fans should not be making excuses for some of the bad stuff we see in a film we like.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  4. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

O DEAR GOD...OF Course I have heard a woman scream before.

What I said was that her scream was so fake and was it was bad acting.

5. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Then you're off to one very, very bad start.

6. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Dammit, we're so transparent. :scream:

7. Admiral Buzzkill

Here's some constructive criticism: if you want to be a professional critic you'll have to learn something like correct grammar and spelling.

Neither of your topics created today constitute anything like useful, observant or "professional" criticism. They're commentary about trivia which should have been posted in one of the several existing topics devoted to the trailer.

8. beamMe

beamMe Commodore

That's what I was thinking. The sound is probably from somewhere else (we can also hear some of the sound-effect from the arrival-at-Vulcan/meeting-Nero scene in this trailer).
    And the actress might not even be screaming.

9. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

10. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

11. FlapJoy

FlapJoy Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Ebert would never review movie trailers, trailers are not the completed film and often are filled with scenes and dialogue that never occur in the movie itself. It's marketing, it's a commercial, nothing more. Done by other companies using only a limited amount of filmed shots and scenes. Screams and other sound effects are often canned snippets from other sources, even music, until the sound mixing for the actual film is done... this film is still in the editing stage, it's unfair to grade it otherwise until the final version premieres.
    You cannot judge any actors performance from a trailer, these are just edited bits and that might not even be the final used take of the scene. Trailers are rarely directed or even approved by the actual directors and producers of the actual film. They have little control over them. You do any film an injustice to review it based on the trailer, it's far from constructive, and any good reviewer of any caliber rises above petty nitpicking when reviewing anything.

Wait until the movie comes out.

12. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Win! :lol:

13. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

Exactly my point that was why I said I hope her scream was re-editied in the actual film.

it will just plain suck if the scream in the trailer is what is in the movie.

It was a simple point I made. However I have gotten attacked for it.

14. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Perhaps all trailers should come with the videogame tagline: "Not representative of final product" ? ;)

15. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^Attacked is putting it strongly. It just seems a rather trivial subject to start a thread on, when much more significant issues (SFX, plot points, the identity of the villain and other characters) are being discussed in the various threads actually dedicated to the trailer itself.

16. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

OP wants to be a film critic, but thinks Patrick Stewart's accent in Star Trek wasn't British, and makes pointless threads critiquing a woman's scream in a trailer. Lol, good luck with that dream.

17. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wants to be a critic, doesn't like criticism.

18. Admiral Buzzkill

Stop creating topics for no good goddamned reason. If you'd posted your remark in a topic about the trailer some people would have agreed, some wouldn't and the conversation would have moved on.

You just start "Look at me! Look at me!" topics, over and over and...

19. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We should turn the entire board into one big thread.

20. 46379.1

46379.1 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

This thread is now in the top of results in search for Alive Eve in the last 24 hours, why not just delete it or merge it with the trailer discussion? It's reflects badly on Trek fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.