News Alf Clausen Fired from "The Simpsons"

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by tharpdevenport, Sep 14, 2017.

1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

The show doesn't need to be canceled, but maybe some new writers with a new take on the classic characters.

2. Serveaux

Serveaux The Man Premium Member

Always seeking new and better distractions
    Well, I don't watch it so I don't need them to do anything. I assume the people who do watch it like it. Otherwise, why are they watching it?

3. StarCruiser

StarCruiser Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's just their wont... A habit they can't break, and when it does finally get cancelled... AHHHHH!!!

4. Serveaux

Serveaux The Man Premium Member

Always seeking new and better distractions
  5. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Admiral Admiral

When Simpsons isn't profitable anymore, Fox will pull the plug.

I really don't get the mentality I frequently see in Simpsons discussions of people saying the show must be cancelled. You don't like it, don't watch it. It really is as simple as that.

StarCruiser and Professor Zoom like this.
  6. Kor

Kor Admiral Admiral

Maybe they're thinking it should be cancelled in favor of a newer and better show to take over its time slot.

Kor

7. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Vice Admiral Premium Member

It's so far past it's prime I think that it's kind of a caricature of a caricature of it's former self.

Profit over quality is usually not a good thing.

But, like you suggested, I don't watch it these days.

StarCruiser likes this.
  8. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

How does one know a show is better? Time and time again, networks put on shows they think see good, that people will watch and then the audience doesn’t show up.

Why give up something that’s still profitable for something that might lose you money?

As I’m sure has been pointed out: they are a business the whole point is to make a profit. Quality or not, it’s a for profit business first.

The Wormhole likes this.
  9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Simpsons is better now than it was 20 years ago.

10. The Wormhole

What in 1999? While the show was a year or two out of it's golden era at the time, the episodes of that year were still very much worth watching. The 1999 Treehouse of Terror featured the story The Collector, which is easily among the best of the Treehouse of Terror stories.

Amaris and Guy Gardener like this.
  11. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep and if they do i'll buy it :)

12. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

Everyone has their own opinion on just where the show tanked, and yes, I have one, too!

Last year I watched the show from the beginning to comment on the scoring of the show at another message board. And as I recall, season ten is where it fell off the cliff. I finally gave up, as I recall, in season thirteen. The season or two before that were so awful I said that I couldn't sit through that shit anymore.

13. StewMc

StewMc Commodore Commodore

The last 10 seasons have been better than most of the 10 that preceded it, IMO. There’s some absolutely awful stuff between seasons 12-17, even the animation/picture quality seemed poor, especially when they first switched to digital colouring. I vaguely remember thinking the writing improved slightly around the time of the movie, or just after.

Both the second and third decades don’t have a patch on the first though. There’s still the odd decent episode in the new stuff. But I’d struggle to tell you the plot of any new episode I’ve watched in recent years, even from the most recent season...

Will no doubt still watch till the bitter end!

14. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I decided to catch up with the show when I started having Sky again over a year ago now. I think the show looks amazing, and I often find that the extravagant couch gags are the most creative parts of the episode.

I agree that the show seemed to improve a little when it got into the 20s. It's obvious that the show is out of gas and keeps repeating itself, but every now and then an episode, or even just one story in an episode, grabs my attention. Sometimes some of the dialogue is funny or heart-warming in a way that it used to be when the show was on fire in the 90s.

I think I'm in for the long haul anyway, for better or worse. :devil:

15. Teelie

Teelie Vice Admiral Admiral

That's a response nearly two years in the making.

Kaiser likes this.
  16. The Wormhole

I'll have my own reply to this ready in July 2021.

Teelie likes this.