After Star Trek 3 would you want an immediate reboot?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by xavier, Aug 18, 2014.

1. wulfio

wulfio Captain Captain

no, it can't mean good. Maybe in 1714, but not in 2014.

2. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Only if that causes them to break board rules or is otherwise problematic within the context of a given thread.

Etymology and word-history discussions should properly go in either Misc. or General TV & Media.

Here, let's stick to Star Trek : Movies : Abramsverse, shall we?

Reboot? Y / N / Maybe

And go.

3. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I stick with my Maybe, simply because it would mean more Trek.

I grew up with TOS, I warmed up to TNG, ignored DS9 (until recently) and was ok with VOY AND ENT. When Abrams-verse came out, I loved it, because it presented things in a new way that were familiar, and yet different. I saw it as an extension of a concept presented in SG-1 (among others, the list being too long to recount) of parallel universes.

As has been previously discussed in this thread, a reboot could mean a couple of different things.

I would rather Abrams-verse continue and explore that new world to the fullest, and that might mean rehashing old villains or themes. It might mean throwing in some Shakespeare or Khan, or what-have-you.

For me, Abrams-verse really brought out some of the more fun aspects of TOS, with the energy, and kind of a Western feel, with some social commentary thrown in. A reboot could again take the same core concepts, the looking in to the future, the more positive view and positive use of technology, to craft a different style of Trek.

So, I go with maybe. Because any of them could be good :)