Actors/actresses that you would like to see in Trek

Actually Jeffrey Dean Morgan has had a bad experience with Trek...see memory alpha.

AFAIK, that was mainly because of the extensive Xindi-Reptilian makeup.

Meaning: JDM doesn't have a problem with Trek, as such, just the awkwardness of having all those prosthetics slathered on his face.

If he were offered, say, a human character, with comparatively little makeup, for all we know he'd jump at the chance to do it.

And in my headcanon, he's already Ron Tracey, should SNW come calling!

Last edited:
Star Trek missed the boat on two great actors that could have been phenomenal series leads.

Angela Bassett should have been the lead of the 2017 series, and the Captain. That's what the former showrunner wanted. She would have brought so much gravitas and presence to the role. It may have outshined Sir Patrick.
https://trekmovie.com/2016/03/04/an...uld-be-thrilling-to-be-new-star-trek-captain/

Pedro Pascal could have been a fantastic Captain. His dance card is too full for that now, but his performance on yesterday's TLoU was very captivating. I'm impressed how far he has come.

I’d be lying if ‪‪I said ‪‪I didn’t think it would be cool to have one of the GQ stars in Trek

Not stars, as such, but at least three actors from that film have done Trek:

- Heidi Swedberg (Brandon's mom) played a Cardassian on DS9
- Robin Sachs (Sarris) was on VOY
- Rainn Wilson played Harry Mudd on DSC

Last edited:
Bob Odenkirk as a tall Ferengi.

Tom Hanks as Admiral Roddenberry. That guy on all the ship plaques from the TNG era.

Alan Tudyk as a Romulan series regular. Maybe chief engineer or science officer.

Joe Rogan as a Klingon comedian. Love the idea of aliens having their versions of comedians.

Viola Davis as former Section 31 head that is now Ambassador to Ferenginar.

Tony Dalton as Starfleet Captain.

Samuel Jackson as Space Pirate.

I’d like to see John Krasinski in Star Trek at some point, but his stock might now be a bit high for a non-movie role within the franchise.

That guy who played Kevin in ‘The office’ as a Pakled.
Jeff Goldblum as Q’s brother Larry Q.
Peter Stormare.
Cillian Murphy.

Last edited:
Iain De Caestecker (Fitz form Agents of SHIELD) would be great to see on Star Trek. Most of the cast would work well for Trek. Brett Dalton as a Badmiral and Clark Gregg as a Dadmiral. Ming-Na Wen also needs to add Star Trek to her franchise list, too.

Some names come to mind...

Jensen Ackles
Christopher Eccleston
Tatiana Maslany
Katee Sackhoff
Ben Browder
Jonathan Lapaglia (Frank Parker from SEVEN DAYS)
Don Franklin (SEAQUEST and SEVEN DAYS)
Ming-Na Wen
Henry Simmons
Aaron Ashmore (can totally see him doing technobabble very well)
Amanda Tapping
Keith Hamilton Cobb (Tyr Anasazi on ANDROMEDA)
Tahmoh Penikett

Back