ABC causes last-minute havoc!

Discussion in 'Lost' started by Temis the Vorta, May 26, 2010.

1. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have no idea if anyone here thought this, but apparently ABC took advantage of one last opportunity to create unnecessary FUD:

You gotta love it! Did ABC really think those images would "calm everyone down" instead of, say, frantically trying to figure out WHAT IT ALL MEANS???? :rommie:

Personally, I thought it was the producers being sentimental...look, it's our old set, sniff sniff...it did seem pretty out of place.

Or maybe...everyone DID die in the crash! It's a big cover up!!!

Here's what ABC should have done: create another fake Dharma ad with pretty colors swirling in hypnotic patterns and soothing music.

2. Robert D. Robot

Robert D. Robot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Temis, this is a bit off-topic, but I wanted to say that I always enjoy your avatars, and I must say that your current "Lost" themed artwork is really great. I am now finally saying it, rather than just thinking it! My compliments.

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Lostpedia was saying that if you examine the photos you can see footprints which proves they DID survive the crash. Either way, WTF ABC!

4. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Hahaha, this is hilarious. I love it!

5. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why does the network have images from the first episode to tack on, anyhow?

I wondered if it meant if everyone was dead from day one, and thought about re-reading UBIK.

You know, there was at least one very poetic and subtle post examining the profound artistic intent revealed in the giant "footprints" in this scene.

I guess the lesson is that television is cheap crap.

6. KottenFutz

KottenFutz Lieutenant Red Shirt

I gotta say, recently (while I don't remember the show) I was watching something that had a wonderfully funny but poignant last scene and, before I could process it, my local news busted in with thier "picture-in-picture" ambush and blurted the opening story of "FAMILY OF 4 DIE IN HOUSE FIRE !!" before the credits even rolled... it was quite jarring.

So ABC was giving us a moment of zen, and why not?
    I welcomed it.
    :beer:

7. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think ABC should have just run a giant happy face for 30 seconds. The fans would have had a field day trying to figure that one out.

Thanks. :D I finally got Sawyer's nose right! Took me a few tries...

8. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Weird. ABC sucks.

9. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I hate it when Networks do crap like this

10. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I guess this won't be on the dvd. :p

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I was wondering what the hell was going on! Can I also assume Jack's eye wasn't suddenly meant to transition to Standard Definition in the middle of the scene?

12. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm probably done watching ABC now anyway :shifty:

13. beneldon

beneldon Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

oh... well... That just nails the lid shut now doesn't it... I was one who thought that no one survived the crash BECAUSE there was the wreckage of the flight (especially since they had to move camp as the tide was washing up to it). And that all the events had happened inside the Island's weird time dilating universe in order for the Losties to "find" one another.

I guess it makes "sense" now but I'd hate to be Miles, Kate and Frank having to answer for the other Ajira passengers and two new 815 survivors plus a 150 year old farmer from the Canary Islands!

Be a helluva sequel...

D'Oh!

14. Trek4Ever

Trek4Ever Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What gets me is how lazy most news organizations were in reporting the Lost finale, it was obvious that they glanced at the show concluded they were dead from the start and reported this as fact, (this I got from Good Morning America) I'm sure they partly got that impression from those final images of the wreckage.

15. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

...classic screw-the-pooch ABC, nice job! :lol:

16. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

(shrugs) I assumed it was an homage to the beginning of the series, myself.

Provided one wanted to place blame, I don't know whether more blame should be assigned to ABC or the viewers who couldn't just accept that Christian was telling the truth.

17. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

^^so did I, but to do something like that at the end of perhaps the most-overanalyzed show in TV history is just hysterically bad. They really had no idea what they had on their hands at any point.

18. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

(smirk) Maybe they did it on purpose.

19. KottenFutz

KottenFutz Lieutenant Red Shirt

Exactly.

20. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm still shocked at the number of people who believe they've been dead all along and refuse to even listen to the dialogue in that scene.

I simply thought they were just production scenes from the pilot, not that they were supposed to "calm people down". WTF.