Moviper
Lifetime Star Trek Fan
September 2026
Attn: Alex Kurtzman, Akiva Goldsman, and Henry Alonso Myers
Secret Hideout / Paramount+ Production
Subject: Feedback from a Lifetime Star Trek Fan Since the 1970s
Dear Mr. Kurtzman, Mr. Goldsman, and Mr. Myers,
I am writing to you as a dedicated, lifelong Star Trek viewer who has followed this franchise since the early 1970s. From the original movies to the modern iterations like Discovery and Starfleet Academy, I have invested decades into this universe and have deeply enjoyed the journey for generations.
However, I feel compelled to share my growing concerns regarding the current creative trajectory of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. As a core supporter, I feel the series has drifted away from the fundamental elements that made Star Trek successful for over fifty years.
Specifically, the modern storytelling feels overly focused on being creatively experimental and incorporating modern social commentaries that feel forced into the narrative. Star Trek has always excelled at delivering strong, plot-driven science fiction with universally resonant themes. When the focus shifts so heavily toward contemporary social agendas, it overshadows the central storylines and alienates the core audience that built and sustained this franchise.
Major brands across various industries have faced significant setbacks by making drastic choices that alienate their most loyal consumer base. I urge the creative team to look at what has historically made Star Trek a generational success: compelling sci-fi plots, rich character development, and a focus on the grand adventure of space exploration.
Thank you for your time, your hard work, and your consideration of a lifetime fan's perspective.
Sincerely,
Moviper
Lifetime Star Trek Fan
September 2026
Attn: Alex Kurtzman, Akiva Goldsman, and Henry Alonso Myers
Secret Hideout / Paramount+ Production
Subject: Feedback from a Lifetime Star Trek Fan Since the 1970s
Dear Mr. Kurtzman, Mr. Goldsman, and Mr. Myers,
I am writing to you as a dedicated, lifelong Star Trek viewer who has followed this franchise since the early 1970s. From the original movies to the modern iterations like Discovery and Starfleet Academy, I have invested decades into this universe and have deeply enjoyed the journey for generations.
However, I feel compelled to share my growing concerns regarding the current creative trajectory of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. As a core supporter, I feel the series has drifted away from the fundamental elements that made Star Trek successful for over fifty years.
Specifically, the modern storytelling feels overly focused on being creatively experimental and incorporating modern social commentaries that feel forced into the narrative. Star Trek has always excelled at delivering strong, plot-driven science fiction with universally resonant themes. When the focus shifts so heavily toward contemporary social agendas, it overshadows the central storylines and alienates the core audience that built and sustained this franchise.
Major brands across various industries have faced significant setbacks by making drastic choices that alienate their most loyal consumer base. I urge the creative team to look at what has historically made Star Trek a generational success: compelling sci-fi plots, rich character development, and a focus on the grand adventure of space exploration.
Thank you for your time, your hard work, and your consideration of a lifetime fan's perspective.
Sincerely,
Moviper
