A theory for the supersized Abramsverse fleet.

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Black Freighter, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

You can believe whatever you want, because this is all fiction and there are no real rules. All I'm saying is that nothing can be definitively proven based solely on what we see. The only way to have a definitive answer is if the guy who made up all this stuff tells us what to believe.

fireproof78 likes this.
  2. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

And then along comes the next guy who has completely different ideas, and becomes the next god to rule over this fake reality...

Since rulership is so ephemeral to begin with, "telling" via twitter or a con appearance doesn't amount to much, though. "Telling" via the story itself always trumps other ways, even if the message is something we don't want to hear, such as "it's an alternate timeline" or "episodes 23 through 47 were a dream" or whatever.

Timo Saloniemi

3. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

One would think that they were Cochrane's engineering and construction people, which is why the Enterprise crew were needed to fix everything.

4. ScottJ85

ScottJ85 Captain Captain

I know this is from a few pages back, but the way I interpreted that, especially in light of Discovery, is that Starfleet may have bigger and more advanced ships like the Crossfield-class, but the Constitution-class was designed for serious deep space exploration without support for long periods of time, and as such was designed with reliable, proven older technologies.

fireproof78 likes this.
  5. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

I thought that the reason why the Enterprise crew needed to fix everything was because the Borg shot up the Phoenix and its silo, not because the engineering and construction people were inefficient.

6. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

This would certainly fit with the idea of the sleeker look, since Jefferies had designed it with the idea of all the repairs would have to be internally done. If you are out on a long missions without full facilities, needing to go outside would be more hazardous. So, I can see the use of older, more reliable, less experimental tech.

ScottJ85 likes this.