A Sorta "Doctor Who" Fan Film in under 4 minutes

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Ryan Thomas Riddle, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

This is a short put together by British impressionist Jon Culshaw, who does a brilliant Tom Baker. But I think it's an example of what someone could do under the current Trek Fan Film Guidelines.

More time doesn't necessarily mean better quality or a better story. The trick is to work within a limited constraint and tell a story in the time you have. I'd suggest that fan productions look at skit writing as a means to do that (but not SNL, they don't seem to know how to really end a skit—LOL).

EDIT: I made a mistake in the thread title. I meant to say "within 4 minutes or so" not "under 4 minutes." Never post while a bit tipsy! @GSchnitzer, can you help?!

2. Philip Guyott

Philip Guyott Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The official Dr Who YouTube Channel (BBC) even praised it in the comments section.
    They are great impressionists:

I would not mind seeing Jake Dudman as the new Dr Who:

3. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

Four minutes!? That's ages! What if I get bored, need a book, anyone for chess? Bring me knitting

Culshaws been doing Tom for decades but his Pertwee is better, he looks like Jon. Dudman was perfect in his roles too

Ryan Thomas Riddle likes this.
  4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

But think how much better it could be if it was expanded to 90 minutes and used a million-plus dollars (pounds) of Doctor Who fan money!!!

I'm sure there's a conman... er, entrepreneur out there somewhere that could make it happen!!!

Ryan Thomas Riddle likes this.
  5. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

Don't give he who shall not be named any ideas.

Firebird and BillJ like this.