A Saudi girl group that dares to Rock

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by msbae, Nov 24, 2008.

1. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

You just did not understand my post AT ALL.

These women are doing NOTHING to oppose tyranny, they're just going to get themselves killed and when they do get killed they won't be martyrs like everyone would hope they'll be a successful message to other women that if they try to make a stand they will be put down.
    These women need to back off and help organise a proper resistance instead of practising suicide and ruining any real chance of other women starting a proper uprising.

2. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Standing up and doing something against tyranny in-of itself is opposing it.

Sitting down and saying "we can't be who we are or do what we want because our religion/government/whatever opposes it" is giving in and doing what it wants.

If they get killed will they be martyrs? Likely not? But people will look at them and say, "All those girls did was stand up to who and what they are and they got killed for it. Maybe that's not right..." and think about it.

Opposition can take many forms. Throwing tea into a harbor, marching en-masse in public squares, throwing blood on people, many forms.

These girls should be applauded for not sitting down and not doing something because a silly, narrow-minded, backwards way of thinking tells them they shouldn't.

3. msbae

msbae Commodore

The French were not that much help until their navy prevented the British escape from Yorktown. Being distracted with other stuff is no excuse for sending an incompetent womanizer like Cornwallis (sp?) to keep a valuable colony under King George's syphilitic yoke, either.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  4. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Sometimes, Tacky, you just have to stand up for what you believe in. The urge is so strong there's no way you can't do it. I think these girls are in that place.

My personal opinion, not verified in the article, is that they see what Western girls have and think, "Why can't I do that?". Longest journey, one step, all that.

5. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Their courage will inspire others. If anything happens to them, people will be enraged and further inspired to opposition and dissent. :bolian:

6. NCC1968

NCC1968 Guest

I'm not buying that this is coming from Arabia...........esp w/ Net censorship there.