7.2 Box Set Already Available In America

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by StCoop, May 12, 2013.

1. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And we'll just ignore how the "revelation" was leaked even before we had the episode in hand, shall we? :p

2. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Hah! Yes all of the spoilers were completely correct!

3. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

OK now, I've been buying the half-season sets because I'm one of those that just can't wait.

They haven't released The Snowmen yet, as it was rumored it would be included with the 7.2 set.

Now I see it as a separate release coming out on the same day as 7.2.

Now, why the f$%k would they wait till May 28 with The Snowmen if it's separate?

4. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

As best I can tell (and this is from paperwork that's crossed my desk on these products in the past two or three months), pulling The Snowmen from the 7.2 set was a very late decision. As of a month ago, it was supposed to be in the set.

I don't know the reasons, unfortunately. I just know there was a change of plans.

5. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

At this point, the reason could only be: more money. I would have had no problem with them being planned as separate releases.

In fact, I would have loved to have had The Snowmen a few months ago. They're good about getting them released soon afterwards.

6. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Snowmen is rather weird. The original plan was indeed to include it witht the 7.2 set. Then it was decided to give it an individual release as well. Then someone realized it didn't make sense to give it an individual release if it's going to be included on the 7.2 set, so it was pulled from the 7.2 set.

7. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I wish all of the Christmas specials were included in the season boxsets. Having them as separate releases is annoying.

9. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

They are included on the full season sets, just not the half-season ones.

10. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

I just received the 7.2 set in the UK and the 2012 Christmas special is included. I think our transatlantic brethren are getting shafted.

11. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why the hell does it take so long to release the full season set?!

12. Newspaper Taxi

Newspaper Taxi Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You have to understand, they have to take the content from two existing products and combine them into one singular product. These execs aren't getting paid enough for the peons to do this quickly.

13. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It seemed to do the trick. By the way Moffat does mention it a few times in the new DWM. Only 210 people preordered and received it early.

So I'd imagine if they could pinpoint approximately where the original uploads originated, they could trace it back to the customer. If they wanted.
    It's not a straight forward repackage - there will be extra extras. It makes financial sense to leave it a while, the two halves have a chance to sell on their own then.

In the UK most series wouldn't get a release until the next series is on air - then they can benefit from cross promotion.

14. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The US does the same. That never made any sense to me - if you weren't watching the show from the beginning, that makes it impossible to catch up.