2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Jax, May 8, 2014.

1. Shaytan

Shaytan Vice Admiral Admiral

Belgium saved the quietness of my neighborhood. Thank you Belgium.

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Unfortunately I had to miss the Belgium/Algeria match, but I'm looking forward to Brazil/Mexico. Normally I don't root for Brazil but I can't very well root for the US' biggest CONCACAF rival. :p

3. { Emilia }

{ Emilia } Cute but deadly Moderator

I'm bored of Brazil winning so I'm rooting for whoever is playing Brazil. I just can't stand that attitude of "We're the football center of the universe and we win by default".

4. Shaytan

Yes, something like that solved my mixed feeling problem.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  5. Skywalker

Very true. It would be nice to see someone bring Brazil down a peg or two, even if it does end up being Mexico.

6. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Meh, I like Brazil. I also like that they've expressed their solidarity with the protests - a nice change from the cowardly "football should be unpolitical" glib you usually hear from most teams.

7. Shaytan

8. { Emilia }

Brazil isn't all that impressive but I've got the feeling that they're solid enough that they'll just keep winning. Until they're knocked out by the US in the semis, right?

9. Mario de Monti

Mario de Monti Captain Captain

And like I mentioned earlier in this thread, Brazil lost in the quarter finals of the past two World Cups, so they don´t really deserve a nimbus of invincibilty, IMO.

10. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

Beside, everybody knows that Italy is the football centre of the football universe. And Turin is the universal capital city. :D

11. Shaytan

I'd say that Europe is the football center of the universe, the Serie A isn't what it used to be ;)

Meanwhile, Ochoa 0 - Brasil 0. I'm still not impressed by Brasil.

12. Robert Comsol

Robert Comsol Commodore Commodore

You meant Mexico 0 - Brazil 0?

If Ochoa had been as good as a player as he was as goal keeper, things might have gone further south for Brazil I presume ;)

I really enjoyed the game, often looked like a thriller to me.

Bob

13. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

As long as Juventus keep winning the national championship, I am really ok with that. ;)

14. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Ochoa is the Mexican Oliver Kahn, it seems, and I know how frustrating that can be (I was still firmly anti-German in 2002). Brazil was been disappointing, so far. I subscribed it to nervousness in the first game but they played worse now. They don't look like a team that's going to win the World Cup. After the group phase they'll face a team from the group of Spain and the Netherlands so the tournament could be over for them quite soon.

15. Skywalker

Impressive performance by Ochoa. I thought that whole match was pretty entertaining from start to finish.

16. { Emilia }

Agreed, intense match even though it ended 0-0. See, that's the beauty of football.

17. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I feel Brazil has to at least make the elimination rounds. Otherwise, the whole country will collapse and we won't have any more World Cup. For a similar reason, I was rooting for Mexico to make the tournament. Their economy would take a significant hit (and the world economy with it) had they not made it.

18. { Emilia }

Akinfeev. :D

If he keeps doing stuff like this England will award him with British citizenship. He's almost like an English goalie.

19. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

That Russian is going to see that shot flying at his face in his nightmares for the rest of his life. Jesus, I feel for him. Thankfully they got one back quickly. This game just got real crazy real fast.

20. Mario de Monti

Mario de Monti Captain Captain

Indeed, that match was a lot of fun even without any goals.

Let´s see how the Netherlands and Spain are doing tonight. If Spain doesn´t win over Chile, they have to hope Australia beats the Dutch or they´re basically out of the tournament already.