1/350 TOS ENTERPRISE

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Patrickivan, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I might once my photo-etch gets here. It will be another long, drawn-out project, though. I'm weighing my lighting options first, and might start sharing block diagrams and then circuits first before the actual modelling starts.

2. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

It might be a while before I start building mine. I want to do it right and I plan to do a couple of other builds first. It could take me up to a year to build this kit as I'd like to.

3. QuinnTV

QuinnTV Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I came across this today on the RPF. It's an extensive PL 1701-A build. I don't want to pull the focus off this topic, but thought the gang here would appreciate the insane build the guy did. It can hold you over for a bit, perhaps.

http://www.therpf.com/f11/polar-lights-1-350-enterprise-new-build-170700/#post2639742

I imagine the 1/350 TOS builds will pop up there shortly. A bunch of the members there are reporting in on receiving their kits, lighting, etc. I'm not planning on building one, but I enjoy reading the build threads.

4. Patrickivan

Patrickivan Fleet Captain Newbie

The photo-etching does look like it adds so much! But the lighting kits are so expensive. Will you make your own or buy one? I'm using one from my old TMP lit kit (with sounds!). Will be using fibreoptics with it. It should work well enough.

A year sounds right- unless you have nothing but time to commit to such a project. There are just so many avenues of detail to potentially add!

I saw this. It really is quite inspirational, eh? Thanks for posting this here!

5. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Naw, I hate doing WIP. I sometimes show one or two IP pictures, but I'd rather just go ahead and build without documenting.

Right now I've got all the subassemblies together (nacelles; 2ndary hull/neck/pylons; saucer) for a 2nd pilot version. Nacelles are painted Tamiya AS-2 IJN gray spray laquer (Incredibly good paint! Perfect finish!). I started weathering one nacelle with brown and olive pastels last night, overdid it with Mierecki-like grossness, and washed them off. Now I'm back to staring at it trying to figure out what to do next.

I also just got the lighting kit in the mail, so my second build will be a series production version with full lightting.

6. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I intend to make one of my own based around the very inexpensive microcontrollers or Raspberry Pi-style computers out there on the market now. The end result will be much more expensive than anything Round2 is putting out, so although I agree that their kit seems expensive, it probably isn't that bad of a deal. I've launched, probably prematurely, a thread on my build where I'll be talking to myself mostly while I piece together ideas until I settle on a final direction.