Would Janeway kill Hitler?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Guy Gardener, Jul 30, 2012.

?

Would Kathryn kill Hitler on Purpose?

1. Of course, what's the worst that could happen?

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  2. Of course not, the worst could happen!

11 vote(s)
    61.1%
  1. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

^Voyager goes back to when Hitler was still friends with Stalin. The phaser beam from Janeway's phaser rifle blasts through Hitler's head and vaporizes Stalin who was right behind him.

:p

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nazi Germany was to some regards, as remedial as it sounds, just the one man.

Communist Russia however was a colossal machine that could survive the assassination of it's figure head, albeit, Stalin was kookey for coco puffs.

Those horrible episodes of Enterprise were because someone, (Vosk?) saved Nicholas the second from assassination. No Stalin meant, the invasion of America becuase the Romanoffs could be trusted to keep a deal.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  3. Bob Karo

Bob Karo Captain Captain

I'd say it depends.

Genocide doesn't seem to be a problem for Katy. It's only a big deal when they piss her off directly.

4. Guy Gardener

Hitler would be happy when Janeway admits that there are no Jews in the future, but then he would get sad when she tells him that there are no Christians in the future either... But then he would get happy again when he finds out that they're all vegetarians too!

Remember when geordie went Enemy Mine with that Romulan and he was saying that a Romulan baby with no eyes would be thrown in a bucket and sent to an incinerator after extraction?

2 years ago, Doctor Who, took some c-grade villain and Charles dickens A Christmas Carolled him until he relented.

But no.

Just substitute Eva Braun with a fembot bared down with machine gun jumblies.

5. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Kathryn wouldn't have any problem at all with killing Edith. The basic premise of "City on the Edge of Forever" is "would Kirk give up the universe he knows (and everyone in it) for the life of the woman he loves"?

Kathryn isn't in love with Edith, so no problem. She did, however, give up the universe she knew for the life of Seven of Nine. The difference is that Kirk knew the alternative that awaited if he did not allow Edith to die. Kathryn had no idea what would happen if Seven were to survive.

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

But she might have been. She would have found her very inspiring with the soup kitchen and the ideals. You know she found Amelia Earheart pretty hot.

7. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Amelia Earheart was a pilot, in charge of her own airplane. Kathryn can relate to independent women like that. Edith would be a bit too feminine for Kathryn. I can easily imagine Kathryn being with a woman (after all, there's a ton of J/7 fanfic out there). I can't imagine Edith ever being with a woman, except as a friend.

8. teacake

What! Edith always pinged my gaydar big time!

She like.. wields stuff. Ladles, men..

Kathryn and Edith would have gotten down and dirty with some philosophical discussions and there would have been sparks.

9. Guy Gardener

Saying what she said in the 30s about "hope" and "Space flight" to bums in exchange for food seems batshit crazy to me and it borders on prostitution.

But to think that those poor bastards weren't allowed to eat unless they listened to her every meal talk about the future... As a three minute sound bite, what she was was a little impressive, if you forget about world war 2 and world war 3, but did she really have hours of material before she started repeating herself?

Joan was in an early episode of Will and Grace I saw last month, and I have no idea if it was a fluke, but "Grace" made a trekkie/William Shatner joke right in front of her.

Maybe there was an interesting outcake or maybe Joan doesn't remember being on Star Trek?

10. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

Would Tuvok stop Janeway from killing Hitler?

11. teacake

He would strongly advise against it.

Of course that would mean nothing.

12. Quinton O'Connor

SEVEN: "Even if the captain is wrong?"
    TUVOK: "Perhaps."
    SEVEN: "What if this leads to the extinction of the universe as we know it?"
    TUVOK: "...Perhaps."
    SEVEN: "Perhaps is irrelevant. We must not comply."
    TUVOK: "Oi."

13. teacake

Yah he's somewhere between zen and a total push over. Which is why Janeway relies on his advice :guffaw:

14. Quinton O'Connor

Pretty much!

15. Guy Gardener

When did Tuvok stop Janeway from doing anything?

He couldn't stop her from destroying the array even after TELLING HER that she was about to break the Prime Directive.

He couldn't stop her from agreeing to destroy Equinox for the subspace beasties depiste protesting that ,murdering starfleet officers is naughty and that relieving them of their freedom is adequate punishment.

Do the words "Please don't kill me?" bring a tear to anyones eyes? And mark me, she would hold him down and have done exactly the same to him at the conclusion of Riddles, if he even thought about resisting her insistence on the solid state of right and wrong.

And how about the time in the Void where he tried to sell her on piracy, instead of sticking to her principles and ideals? That lasted about 12 seconds.

Although?

He did help talk her out of a suicide trip and into a suicide pact in the omega Directive, but his finest moment of rebellion was when he stole that tech of the Sikarri in Prime Factors against Janeways orders which got him right into the Dogbox, until a couple months later for no apparent reason he was promoted.

I think there's a missing scene in Prime Factors where Janeway tells Tuvok to get the tech and pretend that she doesn't want him to to curry plausible deniability.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  16. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah guess both Tuvok and Neelix forgot how Janeway reacted to the "Please don't kill me" arguement in Tuvix. :p