Whats a good episode of Enterprise?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Sexy Human, Aug 30, 2012.

1. I am Surak

I am Surak Captain Captain

Good points Teacake! I admire your eloquence.

2. Sexy Human

Sexy Human Lieutenant

I gotta be honest... this show has a few decent episodes.

But for the most part, its pretty poorly made, and it just lacks intensity and a lot more.

When you watch Picard in action, he captivates you. Jonathan Archer, Travis Mayweather, and the crew of Enterprise just dont captivate you. I like Tpol and Trip. I suppose Archer is alright.

But the show isnt that good.

3. Sexy Human

Sexy Human Lieutenant

Gonna give it another shot.

Just started "Future Tense".

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krEGw4iuSJM[/yt]

5. Sexy Human

Sexy Human Lieutenant

This episode is just boring me to tears. I hate to say this, but this show sucks.

6. Sexy Human

Sexy Human Lieutenant

Thats another thing...

The bridge of the Enterprise D is gorgeous. Makes for good shows.

The bridge of Enterprise sucks ass.

7. I am Surak

I am Surak Captain Captain

No Problem - they have great TNG/DS9/VOY forums on the Trek BBS.
    No need to waste precious bandwith on something you do not like.

8. teacake

My god, don't send him to the VOY forum!

And I must defend the bridge of the beautiful NX-01, my favorite ship in Trek. Do you not understand that in TNG everything is all comfy like a big hotel because they've been doing this stuff for a couple centuries? In ENT's time this is the FIRST interstellar ship. It's utilitarian, not full of holodecks and bars. It's the beginning.

9. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

ENT has one of the best bridges in the franchise, IMO. Everyone is surrounding the captain and he has easy access to all of them. The only flaw is that the Chief Engineer has a random station there just so the third lead could be on the bridge more often.

10. Nacluv

Nacluv Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

In which of the episodes do you get too see them the most? The In a Mirror Darkly episodes or Future Tense? I always thought that the TOS episode learned us too little of them compared to other episodes where one episode or appearance were enough for a somewhat elementary definition of the species' most prominent characteristics.

And you are of course right that I shouldn't judge neither VOY or ENT based on 17 respective 12 random episodes.

However, VOY I actually saw much of as a kid and weren't as impressed with it as I was with TNG so I doubt that would change even if I saw more than the 17 random episodes I've seen as an adult and teen. Therefore, even though I'm not sure whch I consider to be the worst, I am actually much more interested in seeing the whole ENT series rather than VOY. And of course also because of all the appearances of races that were established in TOS and TNG. That would actually be the most primal reason for me to watch Enterprise.

11. NrobbieC

NrobbieC Commander Red Shirt

In a Mirror Darkly, iirc it was the first time a Tholian was ever seen.

12. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There's a lot of people who rate Enterprise towards the bottom of the Trek spectrum, I'm one of them, but I'd like to think I'm more constructive than just saying it "sucks."

I liked the set of Enterprise well enough. It looked like what it was, a ship built for functionality. I especially liked the engine room. A warp engine should look big and scary instead of like a glowing stripper pole.

Though to the bar comments, with the exception of DS9(which had Quark's) I think Enterprise had more alcohol than any other series.

13. Nacluv

But isn't Future Tense taking place before the two mirror episodes? And in which episode do we get to learn the most of them?

14. Nacluv

Really? I always thought that TOS fans accepted TNG while TNG fans accepted TOS and DS9. And what I've seen on other places on the web is that while most DS9 fans accept both TOS and TNG, there seems to be little more who tolerates TOS more than TNG.

Otherwise, like you say, I think it's very common with fans who only like and approbate their own favorite. There are people who only like TOS, people who only like TNG, people who only like DS9, people who only like VOY, people who only like ENT and of course people who only likes the new movie.

I used to be a hardcore TOS fan who only liked TNG for Picard, Data & Q and found a few episodes to be formidable in totality while the other episodes were only good. While TOS elevated to its absolute zenith long ago, TNG is still a series that accretes more and more and I'm now having my second TNG maraton (of course excluding my childhood viewing as well as when I've watched disparate episodes arbitrarily) and I find Season 1 to be pretty ok, some episodes are actually very good. Though, Code of Honor is still giving me a very hard time.

15. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

If you like hotel lobbies ;)

16. NrobbieC

Future Tense is before yes, but in IaMD you get to see what one actually looks like.

17. teacake

I've never gotten used to it, it's my least favorite bridge. Also, all that tan..

18. NrobbieC

Everything.

19. teacake

Pfft.. how I loved that man in Boston Legal.

20. Nacluv

You should see him in The Tenth Level or Secrets of a Married Man. I even uploaded a clip to YouTube from the latter.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKerEhGUtSU

The Tenth Level neither exists on VHS or DVD but is downloadable on Cinemageddon if you have a membership.

I haven't seen Incubus or The Kidnapping of the President but of those I've seen I think he's best performances are in The Intruder and the Tenth Level.