What Did You Have For Dinner Last Night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, nothing.
Are you on a diet or too busy to eat, or is it that by the end of the money too much month is left? (don't reply if it's too personal a question)

I had a simple dish which I believe has no English name. You take a few old rolls, cut them in halves (vertically, not horizontally like you'd normally do), soak them in milk, drain them a bit, roll them in egg and breadcrumbs and fry them golden-brown. Serve with cinnamon and sugar or with compote or custard.
A very cheap yummy dish and a good way to get rid of rock-hard old rolls :)

I had a simple dish which I believe has no English name. You take a few old rolls, cut them in halves (vertically, not horizontally like you'd normally do), soak them in milk, drain them a bit, roll them in egg and breadcrumbs and fry them golden-brown. Serve with cinnamon and sugar or with compote or custard.

I'm reasonably certain you've just described French toast, albeit with a variation (milk, breadcrumbs).

Leftover hamburgers. I threw in some grogonzola with the chop meat when I made them, and tossed a roasted portobello cap on top.

Had Mom's belated birthday dinner which consisted of BBQ Lamb Burgers (simply the best kind of burgers you could possible have!) with goat cheese melted on top. A green salad and a tuxedo cake for desert. It was great.

I made vegetarian fajitas. Not bad. Forgot to pick up iceberg lettuce - I usually find it a little too rich for my taste otherwise.

^^^ I won't pry, but I'm hoping this is only temporary and that you'll be healthy and well again soon, ZR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back