Walking Dead The Ones Who Live

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by DarrenTR1970, Jan 12, 2024.

1. DarrenTR1970

DarrenTR1970 Commodore Commodore

I didn't see a thread, so I'd thought I would post this.

Premiers 25-Feb on AMC.

Some interesting images and it's always nice to see Terry O'Quinn in anything. I wonder how long they're going to keep Rick and Michonne separated and if any of it is connected to 'Dead City' and 'Daryl Dixon'. Too long of a tease and the audience might start to turn out.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2024
    TREK_GOD_1 likes this.
  2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Looks good. They're two of my favorite TWD characters, and I'm really curious where they're taking their stories now.

3. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Isn’t it just six episodes? I think it will be a one and done series because these two actors are going to be in high demand again and AMC is notoriously cheap.

4. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Promising trailer.

How or if The Ones Who Live will tie into / crossover with Daryl Dixon or Dead City is the big question, as both series feature apparently large organizations run by tyrants who have an eye on rebuilding society, which would lead to some sort of confrontation with Jadis's group seen in the trailer. I'm not fond of another human civil war on a WD series, but I cannot imagine Daryl, Carol or Maggie's stories leading to Rick/Michonne's without the antagonists from every series playing some substantial role.

5. ELCHawk

ELCHawk Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I think Rick has a future with the universe. I don't think Michonne does.

6. TREK_GOD_1

I take it you're implying Michonne will be killed off?

7. ELCHawk

I just think the actress is to busy. They won't kill her off.

8. ELCHawk

I am starting to think this. First I am a fan of Dead City and Darry Dixon. I an excited about the new show.

Is there a chance all shows collide and then it will be a new TWD series?

auntiehill likes this.
  9. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It feels like the other shows are because the actors' careers are stalled, and AMC needs some shows with ratings.

But for Danai and Andrew??? I am not sure... I was under the impression, at least until recently, that it was JUST 3 movies (now translated to 6 episodes in a row).

Yeah, it would be good to get something that ties it altogether... Scott Gimple was listed as Chief Creative Officer...but none of the shows seems particularly connected, but rather all on their own.

10. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

A part of me hopes that maybe someday they do combined the three shows into Walking Dead Season 12. Don't know if it'll happen, but it's a nice fantasy all the same.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

We already got tons of stuff with all of these characters together, I think it's been kind of interesting seeing them all spread out throughout the world.

ELCHawk likes this.
  12. TREK_GOD_1

Yes, she's busy, but her continued tie to all things TWD included the Rick series, which is not the full-time commitment of a regular, weekly TV series.

We assume Michonne and Rick will find each other, but the biggest screw-up (perceived as a showrunner F-U to viewers) would be to end the various miniseries without the reunion of all with Rick and his surrogate brother Daryl. Of course, this complicates the situation with Daryl remaining in France (and Carol on her way there), and just how will the Daryl story wrap up. One wonders if Isabelle and Laurent will survive DD-S2, considering how TWD TV's various showrunners have a penchant for killing off major characters. Perhaps they'll subvert expectations by having Isabelle & Laurent survive, then decide to immigrate to America to be with Daryl / The Commonwealth. Who knows.

13. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

auntiehill, ELCHawk and The Wormhole like this.
  14. DarrenTR1970

In case anyone is interested, during the halftime show on Superbowl Sunday, the Walking Dead's Facebook and YouTube page will have exclusive interviews and previews of the upcoming series.

ELCHawk likes this.
  15. Turtletrekker

Whatever happened to Morgan after he moved over to Fear the Walking Dead?

16. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Interestingly enough, the last episode of Fear Morgan was in (he left at the end of the first half of the final season) does end with Morgan talking into a radio attempting to contact Rick Grimes.

Anwar and Turtletrekker like this.
  17. Turtletrekker

That is interesting. Very interesting, indeed.

18. DarrenTR1970

I watched the preview yesterday and really didn't learn anything new.
    The one thing I'm have a hard time believing, is that in a world 10-15 years into a zombie outbreak, is that there's functional military equipment, or any equipment for that matter.
    The parts available to replace/repair would long since been scavaged or the elements would have taken their toll on them.
    Not to mention where they're getting the fuel to operate the equipment.
    At least in the comic, everything was knocked back to a 'Wild West' stage, with horse drawn carriages and wood/coal burning trains.

19. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If they are able to run a few refineries..... the CRUDE oil would last forever, right? It's just they need to refine it... which in this universe, will last longer than in the "real" universe.

And the parts wouldn't be scavenged unless someone had a need...... with what, 1 /50,000 humans left, the demand for such tools would go way down... if people had the tech know how to replace equipment

===

The thing for me.... i hope this isn't an open-ended series like Darryl & Isle of the Dead.

i don't have much confidence that Scott Gimple is actually coordinating anything.

20. ELCHawk