Too Much Has Been Said - Too Much is Now Known

Just the realisation that no matter what the filmmakers do, some people will always find a reason to moan about it.... well, it's mind-boggling.

We don't know anything. Why not just wait and see what happens? It's the sensible thing to do.

Just the realisation that no matter what the filmmakers do, some people will always find a reason to moan about it.... well, it's mind-boggling.

We don't know anything. Why not just wait and see what happens? It's the sensible thing to do.

Sensible? We don't need not stinking sensiblity! :klingon:

Sorry, my mistake.... mind you, I have been warned before about trying to bring reason into the discussion. :)

*ambles away whistling*

I simply want to go and see the movie so I judge it for myself. Damn the internet.

I'm going to this one with the words 'my childhood has been raped' in my head because some sad sacks keep saying this is so.

:guffaw:

Damn them too.

Damn you all.

But God save the Queen and all who sail in her.

I simply want to go and see a movie so I judge it for myself. Damn the internet.

I'm going to this one with the words 'my childhood has been raped' in my head because some sad sacks keep saying this is so.

Damn them too.

Damn you all.

But God save the Queen.

It really does seem like alot of info on it is known, but just remember there's plenty more where it came from. :cool:

The thing is, I'm afraid the "my childhood was raped" bit is going to cross my mind as well in the cinema, as well as some other things I wouldn't have noticed in a million years had I stayed away from this board- like the Kelvin's registry number, or the blue warp nacelles. I didn't even know what a nacelle is a few years back. Colour me happy-go-lucky, my friends.

There's a lot of Trek fans out there shitting themselves.

We are shitting ourselves that this might actually be a very cool movie and we've never been into anything cool before.

We won't know what to do with ourselves.

From zero to hero OVERNIGHT.

Pivitol times for nerds.

Thank god people can still buy DVD's of Voyager, they'll know what we once were.

...I didn't even know what a nacelle is a few years back...
This only proves that you are not a real Star Trek fan, therefore any comment you make regarding this film is irrelevant. ;)

I knew I'd be opening a can of worms with that statement!

Damn.

But hey, if any comment I make about the new film is irrelevant, I can say whatever I want without suffering any consequences, right? Right? :p

There's no pleasing some people, I think. It's either too little or too much information.

Yeah, remember the outpouring of hatred - months and months ago - because Paramount had... tssk, tssk... snubbed ComiCon?

To be fair, ComicCon is overrated. It's a fun place to go and be, but some people and fans put too much stake in whether something is revealed or released at the Con or not. As if thousands of costume geeks standing in an audience while Stan Lee or Sascha Baron Cohen show a clip or not is going to validate or legitimize a project or not.

On the contrary, it's good we now know what we know. This is what we should know about a movie. I for one am glad the uber-secrecy is behind us.

Of course, now we have to deal with the fact that what we know sucks ass.

Why would you even need the movie to know what you already know the most about?

To be fair, ComicCon is overrated. It's a fun place to go and be, but some people and fans put too much stake in whether something is revealed or released at the Con or not. As if thousands of costume geeks standing in an audience while Stan Lee or Sascha Baron Cohen show a clip or not is going to validate or legitimize a project or not.

Exactly. How is what I said unfair?

You should be like me, spoiler-averse. All I know are the characters, who plays them, and the general premise of the story (Romulans & time-travel-fu). Plus that they spiffed up the Enterprise some. That's all I want to know, so I haven't read any further.

On the contrary, it's good we now know what we know. This is what we should know about a movie. I for one am glad the uber-secrecy is behind us.

Of course, now we have to deal with the fact that what we know sucks ass.

Why would you even need the movie to know what you already know the most about?
If that's saying what I think it's saying, then it may be worth considering that saying nothing is sometimes a better thing to say than saying something. Know what I'm saying?

Exactly. How is what I said unfair?

It wasn't. But some people went apeshit by the lack of TREK movie news at the Con as if their world had been raped.

Back