The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Astra

Astra Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Tom having fun on his bike!
    I love especially the one with the two mirrors, I had tried to catch his face in one, but the second was a happy accident!
    The stones are on a playground nearby work, I took these in my lunch break.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

Love it- the dual mirror shot is great!

cooleddie74 likes this.
  3. Astra

Thank you! I'm really happy how that came out! I can't really see it well at the time taking the pictures on the small camera screen, so that was a nice surprise afterwards.

And sorry, usually I am not bragging like this, but I have to share the reply I got today:

[​IMG]

Avro Arrow, od0_ital, KimMH and 2 others like this.
  4. KimMH

Omg that is so cooooool! Also gonna follow you there too!

publiusr likes this.
  5. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Opened up a couple of figures I got off of eBay today!

[​IMG]
    Marvel Legends Chameleon - Rhino BAF

[​IMG]
    Chameleon with a Handgun

[​IMG]
    Retro J Jonah Jameson with the Chameleon JJJ

[​IMG]
    Retro Kingpin with the Chameleon Hammerhead

[​IMG]
    Rhino BAF - just one more piece to go!

[​IMG]
    Marvel Legends Spider-Man - Hobgoblin BAF

[​IMG]
    Target Exclusive Cyborg Spidey & Retro Spidey with the newest Spider-Man

[​IMG]
    Spider-Man and the Target Exclusive Negative Zone Spidey

[​IMG]
    Spider-Man and Peter Parker with Spidey Sense

[​IMG]
    Hobgoblin BAF - only two more pieces and weapons to go!

cooleddie74 and KimMH like this.
  6. Astra

Thank you! I'm over the moon, obviously.
    What is your name on Twitter?

A while ago I stumbled about a loose Jonah Jameson on ebay and bought him on a whim, I have no idea why! I don't even know him LOL
    Which movie do I need to watch for him? I recently watched the 2012 one with Andrew Garfield but I don't think he was in this.

I got him as I liked his vest and thought he would match with my Alfred Pennyworth. He was loose as he originally comes in a box with a desk and other office stuff which I guess is what people are after but I already have enough of this.
    He has a lever at his backside to get the arm up so I can't photograph from there or need to photoshop that out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do you have any use for that green arm that came with Multiverse Alfred Pennyworth?

[​IMG]

KimMH and publiusr like this.
  7. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

JJJ is in all three installments of the original series ("Spider-Man", 2002; "Spider-Man 2", 2004; "Spider-Man 3", 2007), as well as in a brief cameo appearance in "Spider-Man: Far From Home" from 2019. He was not in the Garfield movies or in any other MCU movies so far.

od0_ital likes this.
  8. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

He's a major character for Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy, not at all a part of the Andrew Garfield movies, and shows up at the end of Spider-Man: Far From Home.

J Jonah Jameson is also a major character for the '90s animated series.

And he's also put to use for the videogame Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2.

I bought that figure new when it came out, and have the desk & chair, too, but its all in storage

9. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Opened up my Marvel Legends Kingpin BAF Wave that I got off of eBay awhile back. I bought five of the figures that came with BAF pieces from the same seller, and he threw in the Symbiote Spider-Man that came with the two Kingpin heads for free. And then I had to buy the six-armed Spider-Man seperately from another seller. Debating on if I'll keep the whole wave or not, I really just wanted Kingpin in the white suit.

[​IMG]
    Seven Figures in the Wave

[​IMG]
    Wilson "The Kingpin" Fisk

[​IMG]
    Alternate Angry Head

[​IMG]
    Spider-Man Retro Deluxe Kingpin and the Kingpin BAF

[​IMG]
    Kingpin BAF Wave Class Photo

[​IMG]
    Kingpin BAF with the Shadow King Head from the Riders Charles Xavier Figure

[​IMG]
    The Shadow King!

In other news, I found the new Marvel Legends Villains Dormammu / Xenmu BAF at Wal-Mart this morning, and that was the last of that seven figure wave I needed to finish it off. May be cracking those open later tonight!

cooleddie74 and KimMH like this.
  10. KimMH

I’m AuntieStitchWitch (@stitchwitch14. So there were already 13 other stitch witches? Lol)

11. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I picked these guys up at Target, they were on sale. Unfortunately they only had two of the four figures. They had the Barron as well but he wasn’t on sale. They have three of the Barron, so I’m hoping to get him on clearance.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KimMH likes this.
  12. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

KimMH, John Clark and dupersuper like this.
  13. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

NECA has a great American Werewolf in London figure that is chilling

14. Tflockj

Tflockj Ensign Red Shirt

My interest in Star Trek has combined with my other hobby, 1/6th scale action figures. I have a number of TOS figures and there's a new company, EXO-6, who has just issued their first figure--Commander Data from First Contact. He arrived yesterday and I released him from the box and snapped a few pictures. I really like the figure and am looking forward to the rest of the lineup-hopefully they will make most of the main characters from TOS and TNG.

My pictures don't reflect the quality of the figure, I'll have to work on that.

[​IMG]IMG_7273 by tflockj, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_7276 by tflockj, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_7277 by tflockj, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_7280 by tflockj, on Flickr

15. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Those Cushing/Lee, and American Werewolf figures are awesome. It amazes me just how detailed and accurate some of the higher end figures are.
    Love that dragon statue, is it from a book or show or something?
    I've seen their figure around internet, and they're some of the best I've seen.

17. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

KimMH likes this.
  18. Astra

Sorry, I never thanked you guys for answering my question. I have seen the Tobey Maguire movies but it has been a long time ago so not many memories from them. I shall check them out!

I have been very busy during the past weeks. Since I became a Robert Beltran fan through watching Star Trek Voyager, I also have watched many other movies with him. "Lone Wolf McQuade" was my first Chuck Norris movie, I have no idea how I could have missed this so far. I absolutely loved it, and I loved Robert's character so much that I made this figure of Kayo. It was a lot of work but I am very proud of him!

[​IMG]

I started with a Motion Picture Bones, as he already had the open collar that I needed.

I shortened his tunic and filled out spaces with Milliput, also forming the collar. I also switched out the arms to those from the Talosian Keeper.

[​IMG]

I spent ages trying to mix the right skin color. The original Chakotay figure is too light, and I had to re-do it several times as he turned out too dark. Painting a face in that small scale is not easy. It is easy to screw up though. Not doing that any time soon again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I made the shirt pockets not with Milliput but with several pieces of plastic added to each other. It gave a cleaner edge and shape.

[​IMG]

Painting the stripes was another nightmare.

[​IMG]

At first I had tried to use the Star Trek symbol to make into the Sheriff star but that looked too clumsy so I just printed it from a screenshot. Also the red patches on the sleeves.

[​IMG]

The only hat I could find in my stash was this. I cut of the feather (shame! I loved it!) and painted it white. I also added the brown hat band.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I made the weapon belt from scratch as well. The belt buckle is a chain link from a keyring. I even sewed the holster with the tiniest needle I could find. I already had the gun (borrowed from Jack Harkness) and the cuffs.

I put leather around some foam rubber and then added another stripe for the flap. At the back it became a loop. All the items can be moved around on the belt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then I got the highest approval you can imagine!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
    fireproof78, KimMH, od0_ital and 2 others like this.
  19. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

20. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral