tabletop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Obiwansolo18, May 2, 2013.

1. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Hmm so our group is probably an anomaly. Actually, we have had one tie, but it was still the same player and one other that came first.

Last night I completed two 40 point quests and I still finished last (I ended up having -40 for corruption ugh).

I played a couple of solo games of Legendary today, it's really fun. I won one and lost one, but I realised that I got a couple of the rules wrong so I'm going to give it some proper tries again. I've never played a board game solo before, but it was actually pretty good.

2. trekkiebaggio

This week's episode was fun, I liked that it's in two parts and it ended just after the traitor was revealed! I imagine they could do something similar if they ever played Battlestar Galactica (although that may be too long.

I also wrote a review of Legendary if anyone is interested.

3. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Picked up the D & D Dragon Magic supplement today. I'm mostly content with my 3.5 library, but there are a few books I haven't added yet. Partly, the books are fun to read. :D

4. trekkiebaggio

I'm going to be playing D&D next week, never really played it properly before. I just wrote the backstory for my character this morning!

5. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

Oh...I miss that kind of old school D&D! It was such a great way to spend a day when you had the right group of people! Have fun!!

We are taking our first stab at "Descent" tonight...wish us luck!

6. trekkiebaggio

Good luck!

My little group played Smallworld for the first time on Sunday, it's pretty good. It's one of my friend's birthday so I just ordered King of Tokyo for him (I wanted to get him Firefly: The Game but it isn't widely available over here yet).

The only problem with getting these new games is that it takes time away from Legendary, which I'm very annoyed about ;)

7. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

We played some 1st edition some months back. Nostalgic fun bashing through the classic Judges Guild haunted house adventure Tegel Manor.

http://grognardia.blogspot.com/2009/01/retrospective-tegel-manor.html

8. Shanndee

It is nostalgic fun! However, in my case the nostalgia worked against us...we made the game more complicated than it actually was by trying to use our old rpg knowledge in this game. The whole point of this second edition was to streamline the rules, duh!

After a couple of false starts things went well, and I'm looking forward to playing a full campaign instead of a couple of short quests.

9. trekkiebaggio

I got King of Tokyo for my friend for his birthday, that game is such a blast!

Also played 5 player Lords of Waterdeep with just the Undermountain expansion, it was such a change from playing with 3 players.

10. Unicron

Picked up Munchkin Conan today. Has anyone tried the Star Wars: Empire game?

11. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Do you mean the new Roleplaying game? Friends of mine still play roleplaying games (i did too from my late teens up until my early 30s) and they say it's awesome from the mechanics point of view as it doesn't restrict you too much and focuses you on storytelling instead of just rolling buckets of dice (which i always preferred).

Background wise there is nothing to say.. it''s Star Wars baby! ;)

Munchkin is such a cool game.. as i was a RPG gamer back then when the game came out it was such a blast on two levels.. the game itself and they way it made fun of our hobby in a nice way. I've had some of the most insane and cool actions in this game and you coudn't throw a die at a RPG convention without hitting a table where Munchkin was played.

Played some variants of it too.. most of all Munchkin Fu where the level 20 monster was named Dragonlady. I had broken up with an Ex of mine before i played it for the first time and when i saw that card i nearly died from laughter.. guess which online nick she had ;)

12. Capt. Vulcan

Capt. Vulcan Vice Admiral Admiral

Won a mini-smash up tournament. It was random draw factions and you keep them. I got Robots/Miscotonic U. Felt really OP, but then the robots really seem OP most of the time anyways. The MU deck didn't really harmonize with the robots, it was more like they were just really good in their own right. Being able to use Madness cards for huge benefits then dump them was great.

13. Unicron

Edge of the Empire, yes. :) Also the X-Wing Miniatures game. I doubt I'd have room for any new RPG stuff, but I'm curious as a SW fan. Also I like some of the models for XWM. :D I'm a tad weird when it comes to Munchkin, in that I've never really been interested much in the non-fantasy branches. Conan is the first variation I've bought that's not specific to the original fantasy version.

14. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

As a kid growing up in the 1980s, I remember playing a single player game called Chainsaw Warrior. I loved that game.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  15. Shanndee

Had a fun day of playing games with friends yesterday. We introduced them to "Lords of Waterdeep" and they brought over "King of Tokyo". That game is a riot!

The way things are going we are going to have to move into a bigger apartment to fit all of our boardgames (and possibly a gaming table like the one seen on Tabletop...)

16. trekkiebaggio

Yeah, King of Tokyo is awesome. On Tabletop this week they played Takenodo which looks fun!

Me and my friends ended up playing Legendary until 3am on Friday, just had to beat Apocalypse!

That table is awesome but I think it costs a lot!

I just ordered Telestrations and Absolute Balderdash to play with the family over Christmas.

17. Unicron

Has anyone tried Quarriors?

18. trekkiebaggio

No, but I've seen a few reviews, it looks like a lot of fun. Apparently the expansion adds a lot to the game.

19. Unicron

Yeah, there are several expansions out now. And the game has a heck of a lot of dice (130 in the base game). :lol:

20. trekkiebaggio