Supernatural5x22 "Swan Song" spoiler/discussion thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dorian Thompson, May 13, 2010.

1. AJBryant

AJBryant Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This doesn't work.

The holographs are just IMAGES. Michael was PULLED IN to the hole because he was GRABBING something.

2. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I recall a holographic Gabriel getting stabbed by one of the brothers in an earlier episode (thereby faking his death). He appeared to have substance.

3. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Gabe's constructs were real solid physical objects, their only issues being that the people most likely lack free will.

However, Lucifer's victory would completely render Dean's choices meaningless and the entire episode pointless, and Death would have shown up to kick Dean's ass for being such an idiot.

4. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sorry, but there is no way the writers are going to tell a story that has Lucifer tricking Michael and being out of hell. None.

5. mswood

Question should Castiel be a part of season 6?

Question is that Sam or a projection of Sam (really so fa the only two logical options)?

6. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

Castiel has bigger things to deal with now and is way too powerful to be a regular cast member.

7. mswood

I hope he isn't. I really hope.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Captain Captain

This show is kind of downhill for me. Peak was seasons 2-3, don't think 4 or 5 held up as well.

Upon first view I was "meh" on the finale, but after re-watch, I really appreciate a lot of it. Best parts are the Impala love, great music choices, and Dean getting his butt kicked and "turning the other cheek". That really struck me on the re-watch. For the main plot to revolve around Christianity's Revelations, I like that "good prevails" (or postpones) based on Christian virtues through Dean's actions.

I would've liked this as a series finale omitting the final 5 seconds. Even though it would've been a downer, it would've felt real and I would strongly remember it.

It's gonna be hard for season 6 not to be anti-climatic. How do you top the overall apocalypse theme?

9. Tulin

Tulin Vice Admiral Admiral

With the most wonderful man in the world!
    Not for me, in fact that would be preferable.

This whole end of the world and "angels that act like demons" and "demons that act like angels" schtick has been an epic fail, as far as I am concerned.

SN has now just become "that show playing in the corner of my screen while I surf the net and do other shit" show.

In fact, when they came into the graveyard, I actually came here to read spoilers because I was so damned bored by the whole mess.

The less said about the "we must collect the four horcruxes......errrr, rings" they pulled out of their arse two weeks ago, the better.

Seriously, this show should have finished even a year ago. It's just being made now for future DVD box set sales, from what I can see.

10. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They've been collecting rings since the second episode of the season. That isn't an asspull, that's Chekhov's gun.

11. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Yes, they got War's ring in episode 2. Actually, i think season 4 is the best season for overall qualiity from start to finish. Mileage varies.

12. Tulin

Tulin Vice Admiral Admiral

With the most wonderful man in the world!
    Well, that goes to show how much this show has kept my attention!

Made a decision that that is it for me and this series. I have NOT been enjoying or been interested in this show for a LONG time now and that is as good a spot as ANY to finish it. Saves me lots of bandwidth and lots of frustration - no more smart arse Dean, emo-can't-act Sam(don't even get to see his damned body - what use is THAT?!?)and strange voice and annoying real life name Castiel.

Done.

13. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

See ya.