Supernatural season four news

Does anyone have a list of the mytharc eps, by the way? I'm just curious so I know when they're coming up.

In season two

Episode 1--In My Time of Dying
Episode 5--Simon Said
Episode 9-Croatoan
Episode 10--Hunted
Episode 11--Playthings
Episode 13--Houses of the Holy
Episode 21--All Hell Breaks Loose part I
Episode 22--All Hell Breaks Loose part II

These are your episodes dealing with the mytharc.
I would also add Born Under a Bad Sign an how it plays upon Sam's arc of the season.

Well I think I am one of the psychic kids.

On the thread about his tv guide interview.

1. That Ruby possesses Dean to keep his meat suit fresh. (He did say Ruby would be back, but curiously no mention of the actress.

Well I am 50 percent right.

Ah well...I enjoyed the addition of Ruby and Bela to the cast, but I'm not sure what else they could have done either Ruby. While it appears Bela had a bit more depth and reason for what she did that we suspected, she was still perfectly willing to kill Sam and Dean if it meant saving her own skin. She was not a nice person.

I would have like to find out more about Ruby, but maybe they could bring her back in a guest role sometime in Season 4. After all, her fate was kind of ambiguous at the end of last Season.

Sigh. I really hate when the execs push crap like Gossip Girls over shows like Supernatural. One it runs it's course, honestly who will give a rats ass about it? How many people care about the OC anymore? None.

As long as the execs don't try medlling in the writing or the plot anymore....

Apparently ITV have been getting complaints from OFCOM about their advertising of Supernatural
ITV2 has been criticised by Ofcom for repeatedly showing frightening Supernatural trailers before the 9pm watershed.

Scenes of characters morphing into demons, "menacing" images of the paranormal and violence linked to the supernatural prompted complaints to the regulator in January. Ofcom had also expressed concerns about trailers for the US drama in spring last year.

Ofcom said the "dark and sinister" clips - including a car being driven through a ‘ghost woman’ and a man hitting a demonic figure with a weapon - were shown too early on several occasions, including during American Idol and Emmerdale.

In the UK, they're afraid of violence, not boobs. It's the opposite here in the States.:devil: Oh well, anything to keep SPN on the radar.

Is Ruby really going to possess Dean? Ackles gets to play Ruby?

As long as the execs don't try medlling in the writing or the plot anymore

They won't. The CW suits are officially hitching their wagon to Gossip Girl and the 90210 spinoff. Supernatural is a time filler for the Thursday 9 p.m. killer timeslot and that's all it is to the CW. Fortunately, it's much more than that to Warner.

It's their overseas cash cow. :evil:

Here's an interview with Sera Gamble about season 4.

Those final few seconds of the season... what was that all about?
"We'd been saying we were going to do that all season long, so I feel like we had to go there. Anything less than that would have been a cop-out, because we'd been saying there was no way to break that contract. There was a big discussion of what that moment would look like, but there was never any doubt in our minds to stick him down there and have him suffer all summer long and into next year."

It's quite a big thing for Supernatural to actually show the audience Hell, having only talked about it in the past.
"In my mind, that isn't even necessarily Hell itself. It's the starting place. I like to think of Dean as sitting in the chair in the waiting room to Hell. It's not even what he's going to experience once he gets into the first chamber of Hell. That's just where they stick you before they hand you the sign-in sheet. There's much, much worse to come for him!"

She goes on to talk about the first episode she's writing, how excited she is about the mythology, and how the writers strike effected the third season.

Damn, I wish Jeffrey Dean Morgan wasn't so busy. He's filming another movie? That sucks. Not for him, but for us. :cool: He'd make a great ghost. Oh well, hopefully they'll be able to get him at some point. That would be immensely satisyfing on an emotional level if he could interact with his boys one more time. Those of you who watch nuBSG know what I mean. That show is sparing with its moments between Bill and Lee, but those they use are very poignant. Bill Adama was a pretty lousy father, too. He didn't leave his sons alone, but he left them with a messed up, alcoholic mother. That scene in the mini when Lee excoriated Bill for "killing" Zak after not talking to him for two years after Zak's funeral was painful as hell. It's no worse than John and Dean/Sam. Don't get me wrong. I love the moments with Bobby and Dean, but I'd love a little more John and Dean. Not to resurrect him, because that would be a cheat, but to have them interact for real....that would be choice.

I wonder what other guest stars Sera is trying to get back. They've tried to get Loretta Devine as Missouri, but she's been on Broadway.

I'm wondering if we'll see Dean ala Cordelia in Aggel Season 4 before she came back to Earth, aka snippets of him here and there. I don't see how they could not have him in the show, a good bit though; seeing just Sam run around would get kind of boring after a while. Too bad they couldn't get teh budget for Ruby...she would have been an interesting sidekick to have along for this upcoming season.

I wonder how that sill work...I'm assuming "she" would be speaking with Dean's voice, but with her experience. I guess it's a clever way to keep an intriguing character as well as the lead in the show; though I wonder if when you're possessed by a demon if your ability to heal from wounds is increased because assuming she takes Dean's body, it looked might banged up at the end of Season 3.

I wonder if the original plan, before they said the actress wouldn't be back, how she would have gotten back into her original body since Lilith evicted her?

I know I'm always late to the party... However, I did want to post in at least one Supernatural thread. I love this show, but I watched it on dvd originally, and then just caught up with season 3 on ITV 3. So I never post in the threads for fear of spoilers.

As for the actresses playing Ruby and Bella being let go, I'll miss Ruby, I liked her but I certainly won't miss Bella. I'm afraid her fake British accent drove me up the damn wall! :klingon: Not that it matters, but I really miss papa Winchester.

I know I'm always late to the party... However, I did want to post in at least one Supernatural thread. I love this show, but I watched it on dvd originally, and then just caught up with season 3 on ITV 3. So I never post in the threads for fear of spoilers.

As for the actresses playing Ruby and Bella being let go, I'll miss Ruby, I liked her but I certainly won't miss Bella. I'm afraid her fake British accent drove me up the damn wall! :klingon: Not that it matters, but I really miss papa Winchester.
I don't know if she is British, or just grew up here, but I saw an interview with her and she did have an English accent. I don't know why but I almost always think English accents are exaggerated on American shows, even when the actor is actually English.

Apparently season 4 is going to air here in January, so they're not following Sky's lead and airing within the week of it being shown in America.

Hey, with Kripke getting the production deal with Warners, we might get it, Temis. A western with vampires sounds choice to me. :evil:
The closest things I can think of with similar premises are From Dusk Til Dawn 3, and while not vampires, Tremors 4 was a western.

Well there's Uwe Boll's BloodRayne 2. Of course, that would make you gouge your eyes out and never want to see westerns crossed with sci fi and fantasy ever again.

I don't know if she is British, or just grew up here, but I saw an interview with her and she did have an English accent.

Really? :eek:

I don't know why but I almost always think English accents are exaggerated on American shows, even when the actor is actually English.
You're right about English accents always seemingly enhanced. I think Dominic Keating on Enterprise had this, too. Well, whatever the reason, I think her real or souped-up accented was awful.

Thanks for the other info, too. :)

I don't know if she is British, or just grew up here, but I saw an interview with her and she did have an English accent.

Really? :eek:
Yeah, I've just been looking on youtube for the interview, but I can't find it, I've been skimming the ones I did find but Katie Cassidy seems to be doing all the talking, or there's a lot of noise and you
can't really hear her.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAyM1vMkQQo

I don't know why but I almost always think English accents are exaggerated on American shows, even when the actor is actually English.
You're right about English accents always seemingly enhanced. I think Dominic Keating on Enterprise had this, too. Well, whatever the reason, I think her real or souped-up accented was awful.

Thanks for the other info, too. :)

Yeah, that's part of the reason I thought James Marsters was really English when he came in Buffy, I thought he was just exaggating his accent... until he said "bollix" and "poofter". :lol:

Lauren Cohan was born in Philadelphia, but attended school in Britain. Go figure. The complaints I heard about her accent was that it sounded too posh to Britons. At any rate....

It's looking more and more like SAG won't get the 75 percent authorization to strike. They're working without a new contract right now; people only do that when most of them don't want to strike. It'll get tense, but I doubt at this point we'll see a work stoppage, so that's good. The spoiler junkies are getting snitty at sn.tv that the usual sites are being sparing with SPN spoilers so far. It's hilarious. :guffaw: I say, good for TPTB. People can wait. They're talking like they're going to die or something. I say they learned their lesson after the stink up about Ruby and Bela last summer. I'm just glad that Kripke is now locked in for two years officially. I think we'll get our seasons 4 and 5, and that'll be a wrap. This show will end up telling a satisfying story.

From TVGuide.com :

In keeping with their practice of releasing vague but tantalizing spoilers for the upcoming season (the way I like them--some info, but not too much to ruin it)...

Supernatural (Returns Thursday 9/18, 9/8c, The CW)
"The season opens with some bombshells!" teases creator Eric Kripke, who already jolted viewers when he sent Dean Winchester (Jensen Ackles) to Hell in May's season finale. Season 4 opens four months later, when Dean wakes up with no memory of his torment. "What happened to Dean in Hell and to [younger brother] Sam (Jared Padalecki) when he had to be a hunter by himself will slowly come to light," Kripke says. "It gives us a nice opportunity for an internal struggle for Dean and for the brothers to surprise each other." Katie Cassidy (Ruby) and Lauren Cohan (Bela) are both gone, but Jim Beaver and Steven Williams are back as geezer demon fighters Bobby and Rufus. Get set for a revealing flashback to the Winchester parents' teen years, an homage to 1930s monster flicks, and a bloody Halloween show.

Is it me, or does that all sound soo good? I love that they're not giving the game away, that there's a mystery to be figured out, and I can't wait for the monster flicks episode. :evil: Oh, and who doesn't want to know what was up with John and Mary back in the days of yore, i.e. the 70s when they were kids?

Hmm...sort of sounds like One year later from DC, where they had big changes go on off camera that will eventually be brought to light. But it only took 4 months to figure out how to get him out of Hell, and they couldn't figure out how to pevent it in a year? And who's Rufus?

I really hate that both Bella and Ruby are gone...no hot girls is a bummer lol. Bella is pretty hot if you ask me.

Back