Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. Kaidonni

Kaidonni Lieutenant Red Shirt

I might be interested in that Enterprise E. Saves me any trouble with Eaglemoss (I finally got the Akira and Steamrunner before Christmas, but I did have to phone up to check they were actually in stock - I opted for the fast delivery option, and fortunately they both came within 3 days and they got my order correct). Whereabouts in the UK do you live? Anywhere near Dudley? Could save on postage if that is the case...

2. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

Understood, but their continually being out of stock does my bank balance a favour. The E is available as a one in a set of the C,D, and E but it's £35 so it's easy to resist.

3. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I got the Vulcan D'Kyr the other day. For some reason, the local store just got in the D'Kyr (#55) and the Relativity (#59) but hasn't got the ships in between yet, so I'm not sure what's going on (I'm in Canada).

I never understood why the D'Kyr essentially replaced the Suurok class (which BTW, Eaglemoss mistakenly called "Surak class") on the show, but with all due respect to Doug Drexler, I do like the newer one a bit better.

I really like this ship and I don't mind the lack of blue on the warp ring (which I've heard some people complain out), but it does bug me that the ring is tilted forward a bit, instead of perpendicular to the rest of the ship. Does anyone else's copy have this?

4. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

As a complete sidenote/addition to the E on offer....

I have a Dauntless that I never had the energy to put on eBay and would merrily part with. Free to a good home (well, aside from postage so probably better in the UK :p).

I was pleading poverty and bought one for myself. Unaware that my wife took pity on me and bought one for me. so now I have one on the shelf and one I need to get rid of before she finds it :p

5. Kaidonni

I'm not entirely certain on the E at the moment, but this offer of the Dauntless...is it all in the original packaging? Shame I can't seem to use any private messaging system on the forum for this. Mind you, it'd just feel wrong only paying for postage.

6. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

the ships in the box and the mag is there with it - though not in the plastic wrap the whole mag originally came in.

As for just paying postage - I wouldn't bother with any more than that to be honest. I figure I have two by luck and I'd rather give it away than try to bump up a dodgy price on eBay.

I offered it to a few people in an ST club I'm part of but had no takers (collectors already had it) and would just rather it go to someone who'd want it rather than sitting in a cupboard since I've got another on display!

If PM's still down for you, feel free to contact me through my site (think it's still in the sig!) - I never update it, but the email form works hah!

7. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

No, my ring is perfectly straight. If you'll pardon the expression. ;)

8. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, my shop in the US has been getting them a little out of sequence, too. Got #54 (the Steamrunner), then #56 (the Saber), and then #55 (the D'kyr). #55 included a note indicating the price was going up with #56; I was like, I already noticed!

9. Kaidonni

Thanks. I've used the form on your website. :)

10. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Voyager plaque and ISS Enterprise is available. Just ordered mine.

11. Racer_X

Racer_X Commander Red Shirt

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  12. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

13. 137th Gebirg

This is what I subscribed to this for! Super-rare ships and the behind-the-scenes info in the corresponding magazines. Can't wait!

Sans likes this.
  14. Tirius

Tirius Captain Captain

That settles it - I'm going to need another shelf...

15. Racer_X

Racer_X Commander Red Shirt

I apologize, I just discovered these are pictures from Rick Sternbach that he posted on his Facebook page. The original tweet did not attribute these photos to Rick. Still, this are pretty cool photo resources for the Eaglemoss folks to use.

16. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

If they do come in the collection, I'll wait till I see them in the "wild" as it were as not a fan of them at all.

17. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

If they do come in the collection, I'll wait till I see them in the "wild" as it were as not a fan of them at all.

18. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, much like the kitbashes we saw during the Dominion War, the ones used for Wolf 359 were understandably kind of hit and miss. The New Orleans and Cheyenne class are kind of interesting looking. Not really a fan of the Challenger class (one nacelle above, one below), the three-nacelled Niaragra class, or the Freedom class (just a saucer and one nacelle).

19. 137th Gebirg

Yeah, the mixed scales of the components of some of those really hurt the eyes but, like you said, ships like the NO and Cheyenne do look reasonably well-balanced in their architecture.

Nothing beats the oddity of the never-filmed kithbash USS Trieste, though, which was said to have potentially been a member of the Merced class (an apocryphal claim). That thing makes most of the DS9 frankenfleet look majestic (all due respect to Mr. Dan Curry)!

20. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like the NO and Cheyenne ones:).

I seem to remember there being a fan published tech manual for the Cheyenne a few years back.