"Star Trek: Resurgence" Giveaway

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Yannik, Dec 22, 2023.

1. Yannik

Yannik Cadet Newbie

Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing fine and are well prepared for the winter holidays!

We at Dramatic Labs want to sweeten the festive season a little and are therefore giving away a total of 7 copies of Star Trek: Resurgence on a platform of your choice (PS4, PS5, Xbox or PC).

[​IMG]

Star Trek: Resurgence is a narrative-driven adventure game created by former members of Telltale Games that delivers all the excitement and wonder of the Star Trek universe. Join the crew of the U.S.S. Resolute as first officer Jara Rydek and enlisted engineer Carter Diaz on a mission to prevent an eons-old and powerful force from engulfing everything in its wake!

To take part, you have to comment on which Star Trek games you grew up with and which one was your favourite. The 7 winners will be randomly selected and contacted by me. The giveaway will run until 28th December 23:59 CET.

We would also be very happy if you visit us on our socials:

Discord: https://discord.gg/4PnJRN7xqy

Twitter/X: https://twitter.com/TrekResurgence

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100091845953352

Have fun and I look forward to your comments!

Also thanks to the Admins for allowing this giveaway!!

2. jaime

jaime Vice Admiral Admiral

I had goes on earlier things, but I was *very* into the two Game Boy games. First 25th Anniversary, which seemed amazing at the time, but then excitedly waiting for the Generations tie-in — and promptly guessing the passwords and feeling very clever using that to skip each level. I did then go to Starfleet Academy — on my SNES. Again, just seeing these ships doing their thing at my control felt very cool.
    (As an aside, the only way I found a football game — Striker — interesting, was by naming the players after Trek characters)
    I still have these cartridges, so can can still boot them from time to time. The music really takes me back to being eleven or twelve. Especially that 25th Anniversary game.
    PC gaming wasn’t something I could access as a kid or even teen, and it wasn’t until Elite Force that I even played one. (I have the PS2 version somewhere) Since then, it’s been occasional stints on STO… again, I am not a person with a gaming rig.
    It’s been a while since there’s been a decent Trek game on consoles, or that kids (since I now have a son — big fan of the Minecraft franchise, including Story Mode, which was emotionally like his Wrath of Khan/Search For Spock. RIP Reuben in that game) can actually pick up and play. (Mobile games and micro transactions don’t cut it, and STO for me means sticking with PC when my laptop feels like running it, rather than the family PS4)
    It’s a shame, because growing up, that immersion was… so exciting. Being *in* Trek, in your own space. Need more console realeases, like this, and Prodigy (Switch. Son has a copy, following in my footsteps a little.)
    That’s what’s exciting, or even relaxing, about gaming on the Final Frontier.

Merry Christmas guys.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2023
  3. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

I used TrekCore's list to check, and it turns out I have 38 Star Trek Games :D

Completed:
    A Final Unity, Armada (I and II), Badgey Directive (mobile), Birth of the Federation, Borg, Bridge Commander, Elite Force (with XP and II), Generations, Hidden Evil, Klingon, Klingon Academy, Klingon Honor Guard, Legacy, Star Trek (2013), Starfleet Academy (and Lost Missions)

Played for a while:
    25th Anniversary, The Fallen, Fleet Command, Nintendo Mini Classic Star Trek, Online, Starfleet Command (I-III), Timelines, Trexels (mobile), WinTrek

Tried but couldn't run:
    Dominion Wars, Harbinger, Pinball

Not really games but have fully explored:
    Captain's Chair, Encyclopedia, Klingon Language Lab, Stage 9, Starship Creator (I and II), TNG Interactive Technical Manual

Favorites in boldly go ;)
    (all on PC unless indicated)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2023
  4. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Very nice of you, good luck to all, i won't bother myself as i could not get into the TT type games.....but good luck all.

5. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

My very first Star Trek game was one I played in 1975 (in Jr. High). My school had an HP Teletype that we could connect toan HP 2000 mainframe which had STTR1.

Once The IBM PC came about I played:
    - a Microprose text based STAR TREK game
    - Super Star Trek
    - Star Fleet Command (I & II)
    - Star Trek: 25th Anniversary
    - Star Trek: Judgement Rights
    - ST:TNG - A Final Unity
    - Starfleet Academy
    - Klingon Academy

and of course

Star Trek Online
    :)

6. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

I played Armada I and II a lot, especially II for about 15 years with friends but some of them can't get it to run anymore.
    I played Klingon Academy.
    I have Bridge commander and will play it after I finished Red Dead redemption 2.

7. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

You know I'd have entered if I didn't already buy it. :)

8. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Star Trek: Strategic Operations Simulator on the Atari 5200. There are some good Star Trek games out there, I wish there were more.

Two questions for @Yannik:

Will we see DLC or a follow-up to Resurgence?

Any chance we will see a more action-oriented Star Trek game in the future? Something akin to the upcoming Star Wars: Outlaws.

9. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

The one I grew up with was what I played with our first computer in the 80's, an 8088. It was The Kobayoshi Alternative, the old text-adventure and while I was fairly young at the time, at around 10 years old, I remember being in awe at having the freedom of being able to go nearly anywhere on the ship, even though I didn't quite know what I was doing, and probably still wouldn't if I tried playing it again today. But the freedom, of being able to go anywhere and order people around was frankly amazing, and it remains today one of my favourite experiences I've had with a Trek game.

10. evilchumlee

evilchumlee Captain Captain

Not going to enter, have the game, but it IS fun.

This is probably the most... Star Treky Star Trek game I have played. It's light on "gameplay"... it's much more of an interactive story. You're playing a Star Trek movie.

The game is an absolute love letter to Trek and really nails down the details.

Unfortunately I don't think there's a huge market for Star Trek games, and quite frankly the franchise doesn't lend itself well to action. Something like an RPG would work better... I would die if we could get a proper Star Trek RPG. Star Trek is PERFECTLY suited for that. I've been playing Warhammer 40k Rogue Trader... I want that, but, Star Trek.

BillJ likes this.
  11. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I definitely wouldn’t kick a Star Trek RPG out of bed.

12. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree, watched a playthrough when it came out, and they capture the Trek atmosphere perfectly.

13. Yannik

Yannik Cadet Newbie

NCC-73515, USS Firefly and jaime like this.
  14. Yannik

Yannik Cadet Newbie

Hi! I try to answer that, as best as I can.

Whether there will be a follow-up to Star Trek: Resurgence depends heavily on the success of the current video game. The team would very much like to produce another part, so any support can help us. No matter whether you tell your friends about it, buy the game or write about it on social media. Everything helps!

Unfortunately, I can't answer your second question.

I hope I could help :)

Tosk and BillJ like this.
  15. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow, thank you @Yannik! Nice surprise :D Message incoming.

Yannik likes this.
  16. jaime

jaime Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks again! Started it last night, and am charging my Vita to do some remote play!

Yannik likes this.
  17. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

I'll probably be buying it when it comes to Steam. I'm looking forward to it.

Yannik likes this.
  18. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

Great to see a developer of this fantastic game join TrekBBS, welcome.

I do find it somewhat incredible that your Production team did practically zero marketing, which must have had a detremental impact on sales, which would be most unfortunate. This is one of the best games for decades in terms of Star Trek. I do hope you make more. I loved the storyboard, graphics and my favourite Trek timeline to play in.