Star Trek Online Discussion Thread - Delta Rising

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Timelord Victorious, Oct 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

No. Gear has a chance to go up a grade in quality or stay the same, but it should never go down in quality.
    It's a bug with that particular armor you got there, I assume.
    Nothing you can expect from other items.

2. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well so far the fleet gear from our fleet's starbase isn't affected by the bug or at least the ones I've upgraded.

3. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Just so you guys know what it was, it's the ground gear Kobali personal shield. I "upgraded" it from purple Mk XIII to blue Mk XIV. I want to try again, but just moving it up took piles of dilithium I didn't really have, and doing it again might lead to more waste.

4. Jim Gamma

Jim Gamma This space left blank intentionally. Rear Admiral

Been trying out the new mission. Went through the space map and the first ground map, spoke to Sela on the freighter, then I got stumped by the devices in engineering... I just can't figure out what I'm supposed to do. My tricorder doesn't lead me anywhere, my BOFFs are all busy doing other stuff, and as I'm walking around I keep getting blown up for no apparent reason after trying to scamble some sensors.

*sigh* Looks like I've reached the limits of my capabilities. :(

5. Timelord Victorious

You are supposed to disarm 3 bombs that have proximity sensors.
    Stand on the edge of the proximity bubble which should be visible by a visual bubble effect. An interact butto pops up. After pressing F the bubble should shrink to a smaller circumference. Repeat the procedure and you can get to the bomb to disarm it.
    If you can't see it, your graphic settings must be really low. But it should be visible even at lowest settings. Try playing around with them, if that is the case.

6. Jim Gamma

That's what I tried to do... it knocked me flying before I got to the next ring. Guess I was too slow for it.

7. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

You need to stop right before it, in the area where the spinning bar is going around the domes. If you stand in that area, and don't violate the dome, should prompt you to hit F and do whatever the disabling procedure is.

8. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

9. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am considering making a Delta recruit for each faction to get the full experience.

Naming them all after coffee

Fed - Coffee
    Rom - Khavas (rom coffee)
    Kli - Raktajino (Kling coffee)

10. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I put in a bug report for the Kobali personal shield issue. I tried it again today, and lost another 15,000+ dilithium upgrading it. This time, it didn't even change. So I hope they'll fix that and not tell me "too bad."

11. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I'm just gonna do fed. I have a reman character that I started a few weeks ago, which I'm thinking of restarting, but also made a gorn before that with my last slot. So it will be either a gorn or a reman - I'll decide later next month, as I want to use my new fed for most of April.

12. Jim Gamma

I might start a Rom/KDF, but probably not. I have 3 characters and only really play 1 generally anyway; adding a 4th will just mean more replays of FEs when they come out. (Still haven't got my KDF or Rom/Fed through Delta Rising yet.)

13. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

So make a couple and do the tutorial, can finish at a later date. This way, we get a bunch of fleet rewards if you ever go back and want that new character. Either way, sounds like we could get a nice boost if everyone makes a new character for a bit.

And J.Allen, good luck. Customer Support is beyond terrible, you'll be lucky if you get a response, much less help. I'd stop pouring resources into that thing, though.

14. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Thanks. I doubt I'll hear from them, but here's hoping.

15. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I figure I'll reroll my Romulan as a fed allied since most of his stuff came from the Romulan rep anyway.

All also start working on a new fed main by doing the tutorial and leveling him up a bit before running the story mission where I can.

I'm also considering doing a Darth Vader themed Klingon at some point.

16. Captain_Amasov

17. Timelord Victorious

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  18. Captain_Amasov

19. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Gorgeous. :adore:

20. Freman

Freman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

One of these days I'll finish season 1. Wish this game was less starship missions, more ground missions. You know, like the show.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.