Star Trek: Axanar

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Linnear, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karzak

Karzak Commodore Commodore

Thanks Terry. I'll save this for future reference.

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Fan films own worst enemy is themselves.

Seriously, if Gossett is off of Axanar then you're audience really doesn't care why, Terry. The best way to handle an conflicted departure is to say that person moved onto other things and leave it at that.

Who cares what other people say?

3. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

That's IF the Federation's KickStarter meets its primary goals.

4. TerryMcIntosh

TerryMcIntosh Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

No idea, I'm afraid, since I haven't really been following that (due to lack of personal interest) and haven't asked Alec about it since the day that the drama started. No matter which avenue or venue is decided, if any, my greatest hope is that the issue is resolved once and for all though.

I wasn't aware that there was much, if any, rivalry between Vic and James, as in schoolyard shenanigans. But it doesn't/wouldn't surprise me given my experiences. =P

Meh... I don't have time to dick around with hecklers. If there's going to be a fight then let's just get it over with.

Who has said that Axanar intends to take the high road? It's preferred, for sure, but I'm happy to go toe to toe with anyone. Axanar doesn't own me or my opinions and I will share what I choose to share and how I choose to share it. =)

*shrug* I'm a big boy and can take care of myself. And, remember folks, I'm not here to please anyone. I'm here to tell the truth and do so freely. Some folks can't handle that though and that's fine, too. In the end I really don't care, because it's not important. =P

Thanks for your comments and observations. I reject them at face value and will share what I choose to share. If you're offended, for example, then the exit is clearly marked... for the both of us, actually.

5. Karzak

6. NewHorizon

NewHorizon Captain Captain

Terry, I haven't been following the discussions here fully but what is your position with Axanar? I certainly hope its not public relations. lol

7. TerryMcIntosh

No, it's not, for obvious reasons. =P The PR team isn't likely to notice what happens here, but I am choosing to. Like I've said, I'm not participating to please anyone, but I will offer the truth. Perhaps there's been a bit too much truth? That's in the eye of the beholder, I suppose, and there will come a time soon when I'm too busy to participate, so be sure to ask questions while there's someone here to give the answers. =)

8. gazomg

gazomg Commander Commodore

so what if terry is outspoken, he is afterall entitled to his own opinions.

Seems to me people wanting to bash axanar are doing so by aiming their comments at terry, and I am sure he will continue to voice his opinions,

No surprise most of the people anti acxanar are the same people who get very defensive when nu trek is criticised.

Way I see is if or when Axanar comes out then well and good, i dont care about the nit picking some do, the wannabe directors and experts on here who all think they are george lucas.

9. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I'm pro-Abrams and pro-Axanar. I can't imagine a scenario where I would actively root for a Star Trek project to fail.

I like Star Trek.

10. Phantom

Phantom Captain

I will say this about who is trashing who and then shut up on it:

If Vic is saying things about Axanar, then he needs to be very careful with his history about throwing around aspersions and accusations. Anyone who followed the whole "Kitumba" fiasco would know that.

So, back to Axanar, anyone else got any comments about my theory as to the Big Twist?

11. Karzak

Your theory is interesting. Though it's little more than a gussied up Trojan horse scenario; I hardly think it could be the "brilliant" strategy Garth would be so renowned for.

12. Rat Boy

Rat Boy Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe they're inflatable decoys? ;)

13. TerryMcIntosh

My philosophy in life is pretty simple -- I'll bend over backwards to help people if they're cool, because that's my way, but if someone's a dick then they can pretty much get bent. I'm not paid to deal with butthurt -- well, I'm not paid at all in the case of Axanar, so let that be an indicator to how disinterested I am in dealing with such things. Be cool and I'll go out of my way to answer questions, or, if you're a donor, to help solve almost any reasonable concern though.

14. Phantom

Phantom Captain

Guys, just a reminder that (IMO) any comment on my post that involves much more than "I agree" or "I disagree" really should be spoiler tagged out of respect for those who don't even want a hint of such.

Oh, and Karzak:
    Technically it's the reverse of a Trojan Horse. :)

15. Jedman67

Jedman67 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ha. I do the books for a non-profit, its not a bad company to work for but some of my job is an absolute pain. cf: A-133.

Terry, i'd be interested in hearing some of the design thought process of 'exactly recreating' the desilu corridor sets. As the Aries is not a constitution class ship, some design planning to make it look a little different than the standard TOS decks could be useful.
    Would love to see some newer shots of the bridge too.

16. Karzak

Whether it's a reverse Trojan horse or not, that still doesn't make it groundbreaking or tactically impressive. All it means is that someone paid attention in grammar school during the lesson on mythology.

17. Phantom

Phantom Captain

have you seen some of the Axanar concept art for corridors, etc?

http://www.startrekaxanar.com/wp-content/uploads/photo-gallery/Corridor-2.jpg

http://www.startrekaxanar.com/wp-content/uploads/photo-gallery/Corridor-1.jpg

18. TerryMcIntosh

The thought process for our sets, which, as I mentioned, are based on the original Desilu blueprints that James of ST:NV was kind enough to give us, as well as the Paramount blueprints that they drew up for the DS9 episode Trials and Tribblations (which were, as I'm told, used for the ENT two-parter In a Mirror Darkly, too), are the basis for our entire Starfleet ship layout. You can find a schematic from our production designer, John Iacovelli, on how it will sit on the stage floor when they're up on our Indiegogo page at www.savethefederation.com -- go there and scroll about half way down the page to see the layout. Alec is also sure to post the latest photos of the set construction on his regular "Captain's Log" blog on our website at www.startrekaxanar.com, too. =)

Now, with all of that said, the finishing touches for Axanar, while using the structural layout from TOS, will differ. That means that we're going to be dressing the sets differently then TOS. On the bridge we won't have glowing gummy bears for controls on the consoles. They're going to be backlit gels with graphics. Some will even be animated for tight shots. We will still have the four monitors above the keyboard shelf (my term) in each wedge and they'll be the same size as TOS, but they'll display our own version of the computer interface. It'll be a hybrid of a more modern style, like ENT, but will still have clear (future) lineage to the blinky blocks seen in TOS. The navigation and helm console below the captain's chair also won't be there -- we're doing things a bit differently with helm directly in front of the captain in a narrower console, and then navigation and tactical will be separate stations that are further toward the view screen and each will flank the viewscreen and pushed up against the rail. The color palette will also be different, but familiar.

For the halls, there will be a different bulkhead configuration, and the doors will be marked a bit differently, and the color palette will also be different from TOS (no groovy overhead colored lighting, either), but it'll all be the same width, height, etc, as the TOS sets.

So, when we're not shooting on the sets, and other productions want to come in, we can redress everything to be proper, canon TOS if we'd like, too. Those backlit gummy bears will be available for folks on the bridge, as will the TOS-style helm/tactical station, and the TOS color scheme, too. The halls and rooms will also be able to be redressed to be proper TOS, and that *can* include the groovy mood lighting.

In our set process, we're going the extra mile to make the sets so that they can reflect any pre/current/post TOS era, within a few decades, with minimal effort by the crew... a bit of paint, swapping out some panels for others, move around a console or two, move out a bridge wedge and slide in another, and voila -- instant TOS Constitution-class bridge that's as accurate as you can get without a prescription.

19. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I know how Garth pulls it off. Only look at this if you're certain you want to see Captain Garth's strategy to save the Federation in the Battle of Axanar:

[​IMG]

20. Phantom

Phantom Captain

^was that really necessary?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.