So I cancelled Netflix today.

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by darkshadow0001, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Whoa Nellie

Whoa Nellie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

:rofl: :techman: I'm so glad to know my husband and I aren't the only ones who do that. We LOVE the streaming option and use it all the time.

Warmest Wishes,
    Whoa Nellie

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Well, if you go under the "New Arrivals" section of "Watch Instantly," you can at least sort the movies by year.

3. Kadratis

Kadratis Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Stay away from the Blockblister!

4. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

The most common cause of a streaming problem is internet speed. 1.5 mbps is the absolute minimum you want to have, but it won't be stable. 3-4 mbps will get you a more stable feed.

Besides speed, it can be an issue with the stability of the signal, most connections will fluctuate around 1-2 mb, which will be fine, but if they're more substantial than that, it can be bad, cause it to hit an error or rebuffer.

That all might not be completely on your ISP, if you're on a wireless network, that can be part of it too. If at all possible I wire my system into the router directly. A direct wired connection is more stable and has less fluctuations.

If you're having a continuing problem, it's worthwhile to do speed tests, just google speed tests. They're usually inflated, but if you do several over a half hour, they'll tell you if you're having a lot of internet fluctuations.

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

The last place I lived I couldn't stream videos because it turned out the AT&T guy hooked my DSL into the building's intercom system (and by intercom system, I mean the doorbell) rather than the phone line. :vulcan:

6. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

That sorts the movies by year released in theatres. I'm looking for something that will sort the movies/tv by date they were made available on netflix streaming. I don't want to look through 47 pages of the same stuff everytime I'm checking the "new releases."