News Smallville complete series finally coming to blu-ray

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Jul 28, 2021.

1. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

I’m up to season 4. The last of the seasons that weren’t previously on blu ray/hd dvd.
    The introduction Lois Lane was good. The actress does it well to be different than the other ladies but the one thing they don’t really address is the age difference. In season one Chloe says that she was in college so she must be a good 5 years older than Clark and the others. Having Lana imply that they were a couple was a bit weird. He’s still a minor.
    It’s almost a creepy as Lana/Lex. Those interactions pre season 6 always creeped me out. It’s like he’s grooming her.
    Also seeing Jensen Ackles in his pre hunting days is also weird. I keep expecting Jared to show up. You’re obviously supposed to hate him but that’s hard to do now. :)

2. Sketcher

Sketcher Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

From what I remember Lois is only a year older than Clark. Maybe two. Season four they were in their senior year of high school, so if Lois is a freshman in college it's not that weird.

3. thribs

I suppose Chloe could be referring to another cousin in season one

4. Sketcher

Sketcher Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If anything Lana might be projecting a bit too. I just remembered she was dating Jensen Ackles' character at the start of it. Can't remember what the age difference was there, but considering he was employed by the high school, that whole relationship came off as...problematic.

5. thribs

That’s always been a issue with this show. They’ve always looked too old to be playing those characters. They are supposed to be my age (born 86/87) but Tom Welling is a full 10 years older than me. That’s why the age differences aren’t as noticeable. Ackles is actually a year younger than Welling.

6. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

You rarely see teens playing teen characters. I’m kind of shocked that they cast an actual teenage girl to play teenaged Naomi on Naomi.

7. thribs

In Superman and Lois they actually look like school kids.
    I agree they usually like to get adults to play them for Union reasons.

It is fun looking at the actor’s ages. John Schneider is only 17 years older than Tom.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  8. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

There was a show on Fox called Rosewood a few years ago and there was just a nine year difference between the actress who played the mother of Morris Chestnut’s character. On Lost the actor who played Locke’s father was only 5 years older than Locke’s actor. It makes it a bit weird when you know that.

9. thribs

The new Kenan show plays into that. In that, he plays a former actor who married someone who played his mother in a TV show. They were around the same age.

10. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Also, ethical ones.

11. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was shocked to discover Hugh Laurie wasn't a real doctor. At least Bill Shatner is an astronaut.

danellis likes this.
  12. thribs

They’re supposed to be 14 years old at the start of season one. If they actually looked so it would have made the Lex/Clark friendship looked rather bizarre. Especially every time Clark barged into the mansion to talk to Lex.
    The Lex/Lana stuff would be even more creepy than it actually was.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  13. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, that's just the parent in you talking/thinking.

I believe we were supposed to understand that Lana was so mature and perfect, that any regulations against statutory rape do not apply to their relationship because she was ultra mature and did not need to be pestered by the nanny state.

Ditto for half the relationships in Pretty Little Liars.

Delusional teens don't even know they are being used.

Idiots.

14. thribs

The character was 20 when Lex slept with her so it wasn’t statutory rape. The stuff before that was still creepy though.

I just rewatched Onyx. Man is that episode a good one. It felt like the the writer watched TOS Enemy Within and said, “let’s do that with Lex”. Evil Lex is just fun to watch. It gave Rosenbaum to just go nuts with the character. Play a more “silver age” cartoony version of him. I wish they made that one a 2 parter.

LaxScrutiny and Guy Gardener like this.
  15. Guy Gardener

I was referring to the football coach and the cheerleader. :)

Even if she was 18, he can't ethically sleep with students and will lose his job.

We just watched the major motion picture Eurotrip, when Kristen was sleazing all over Matt Damon in 2004 for 3 minutes.

It's easy to forget how beautiful these actresses were so very, very long ago.

16. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

They are still beautiful woman, looking younger than they are

17. Guy Gardener

How long did it take Clark to Rocket to Earth?

Was he technically in his 40s, throughout most of the series?

18. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

The trip take about 2,3 years. What has that to do with my comment?

19. Guy Gardener

Liono from Thundercats had a broken Stasis machine in his rocket.

When he got to Earth, he still had the brain of an 8 year old, in the body of a 24 year old.

Depending on how long the trip to Earth takes, technically Clark might be a decade older than Lex or any of the old lady's in their 20s who showed interest in his under aged ass.

Blipped Flash Thompson trying to buy a drink on the plane to Europe because he is both underaged and overaged, thanks to Thanos.

Thanks Thanos.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
  20. dupersuper

dupersuper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Thundercats didn't go to Earth.