Singer and song from First Contact movie

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by z06kos, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Iamnotspock

Iamnotspock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Some fair points, but little that can't be excused for the sake of dramatic license, and a fair few of these points amount to "Things I dislike," and those aren't necessarily faults of the movie.

2. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Slightly more bizarre to respond to something said seven years ago.

3. dg1379

dg1379 Commander Red Shirt

Holy crap! I didn't catch the date on this. How the hell do these threads pop up?

4. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:rommie: That's what I would like to know!

5. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Indicator for me was seeing the checkmark next to the thread indicating I had posted in it but I didn't recall the thread, so I checked the last time it was posted in before the newest post.

I kind of wonder how these threads get dredged up as well, I mean you have to dig damn deep into the past to find this old of a thread in a board as active as this one.

6. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

Perhaps THIS is a good time for a Big Fat Lens Flare????...prithy?...yes?...

Seems 7 or 70 years does not reduce our Passion for the Thing one iota...

7. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

Typically, a necrotic thread like this gets closed when beamed in from the distant past. In this case, though, it is evidently the result of a well-meaning search so let's leave it dusted off and standing for further comment. It will probably sink slowly of its own accord, just like in 2007.

8. Alrik

Alrik Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It does contain some interesting comments and opinions.

I will admit that I was surprised to see Tharpdavenport posting and I didn't recognize Uriel. In further digging, Tharp hasn't posted since January, and Uriel must of flamed out a week after the post up-thread, never to be seen again, so that explains that.

On topic, even with all of it's faults I still find FC watchable and even enjoyable. That makes it one of two of the TNG movies I will watch. In my world, the first and last are just dream sequences not to be bothered with.

9. Nebusj

Nebusj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I had the same reaction: why was there this thread I didn't recognize with the checkmark showing I'd written to it? And to see a thread from before my long, unexplained disappearance from the board suddenly pop back was a surprise.