Season SEVEN OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Mutai Sho-Rin, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Admiral Bear

Admiral Bear Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My Nordic copy still hasn't turned up. Supposedly posted 9 days ago.

2. dg1379

dg1379 Commander Red Shirt

From TrekCore website:

TrekCore says: If you're wondering about our TNG S7 / AGT Blu-ray reviews, review copies have not yet arrived -- as soon as we have 'em, we'll get to work!

I hope that it is just a snag and that the final release to the public isn't delayed!

3. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm starting to wonder if it might be delayed. I just checked my amazon and in the past they would actually have it be labeled as shipping by now. Now it's nothing has changed. I know we're in Season 7 but I'm surprised we haven't seen many reviews about it yet.

4. dg1379

Hmm, I just checked my order on Amazon and it states that I am guaranteed for the 2nd. Hasn't even billed my account yet. I hope we get answer tomorrow.

5. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

6. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I just checked my order on Amazon and the delivery date was pushed back to Thursday (Dec. 4). My initial order was scheduled for tomorrow (Dec. 2) as a Prime member with the release day guarantee.

7. tomalak301

That's weird. I checked mine and it's supposed to come tomorrow. Also weird I haven't seen any reviews on it, especially from Trekcore.

8. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

I am also a Prime Member and my order (the season seven set and the separate finale set) arrives tomorrow as scheduled. On the other side of the coin, I also ordered the new "Ships of the Line" book that comes out tomorrow and it was delayed until December 4th. It must be either luck of the draw or Amazon is seriously backed up in some of their distribution centers.

9. tomalak301

Well, tis the season, especially with Cyber Monday today. Amazon is probably really really busy right now.

10. dg1379

Just checked my order. Currently in transit and due tomorrow. Unusual that it shipped USPS but whatever. Can't wait!

11. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I paid 8.99 for guaranteed release day shipping. It shipped Sunday night.

12. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I got another update, it's now scheduled to be delivery on Wednesday. I had placed several orders over the weekend and they grouped them all together, which delayed S7 from being delivered on release day.

13. Makarov

Makarov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No luck finding season 7 or All Good Things at my local best buy today, sucks because I found all previous seasons in store on release date. Oh well gonna order it online.

14. BriGuy

BriGuy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Went to Best Buy and bought one of the three sets they had out.

That's all they had - three. And it was only about a half hour after the store opened. Although I doubt there was a run before I got there.

At least I got one. The series is complete.

15. tomalak301

I'm still confused by this whole thing. If CBS is looking at sales to decide whether or not to continue to do Trek on Blu Ray, but are there only 3 sets at a store, or no advertising of them in the Target ad. You can't sell them if the quantity is not there to sell. Other than getting a lot of Gift Cards, the reason I went to Amazon was because the various retail stores barely had any. At least with Amazon you know you will get a copy and it will come to you via the mail.

I hope DS9 comes out on Blu Ray next, but it just seems like either CBS digital wants to take a long break, or their heart just isn't in it. Also, with advancements in Technology, how much longer will Blu Ray be around. DVDs are barely managing to survive and it hasn't been more than 10 years when they were still actually new.

16. Admiral Bear

Admiral Bear Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

DS9 won't be happening. I think we can all give up hope.

As for DVD, it's been around since at about 1997 in the UK. I got my first player start of '99.

17. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Is that an issue with CBS Digital or retailers simply not ordering much quantity because the sets aren't moving?

18. jimbotron

It's not CBS, it's the stores. They're not ordering that many copies. 1-5 copies at any given store has been the norm since this started.

Since season 3, I stopped bothering going to a store to pick it up, and went with Amazon exclusively.

19. jimbotron

My copy of AGT came first. No mention of any upscaled footage, hooray.

Does the season set mention anything?

20. tomalak301

If that's the case, than I don't buy the whole thing about waiting to see how sales are before going into DS9. I know it's a difficult task, but I wonder what they really wanted in terms of sales for this project. Other than Season 2 (Which was still decent, but not up to the quality of the other sets), this was a great undertaking by them and it's a shame they won't do DS9.