Running or swimming

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by salaha, May 9, 2014.

1. salaha

salaha Ensign Newbie

Apr 30, 2014
    Let me ask a question from all of you what do you think which sport is best one for gaining fitness..?
    share your views with me
  2. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oct 6, 2009
    I really want a MAX Trainer by Bowflex, I need something easy on the joints and I swimming isn't an option. :(
  3. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Mar 16, 2003
    Alt: 5280
    During the times when I've been in the best shape of my life, it's always when I've been swimming. That said, swimming is boring as hell, and the view never changes, at least not in the pools where I swim.
    I don't run, but I do walk about 5 miles several times per week, and love to be outside when the weather is nice.
  4. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

Jul 25, 2012
    Va. Beach, VA
    This. Staring at that black line on the floor for half an hour is the absolute worst. When I had to train for lifeguard certification as a teenager the swimming was always dreadful but it no doubt gets you in fantastic shape.
  5. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Nov 13, 2003
    No where
    Swimming. It pretty much works out your whole body and puts less stress on your joints. I run pretty regularly and it definitely does a number on my knees. The problem with swimming is that it can be very inconvenient to swim on a regular basis
  6. Pondwater

Pondwater Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jan 27, 2011

I'd go with running.
  7. Bloody Green Shirt

Bloody Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Feb 1, 2005
    Green Shirt
    You can drown swimming, or get hit by a bus running - so neither. :devil: