Rogue One (2016) [SW Anthology Series)

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Mach5, Apr 19, 2015.

1. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Its still a lot of bollocks - crazy power-mad people think they can control situations - it would never hold.

It will not last on screen anyway now they are going to be corning these out every year - at some point we will see an army of sith coming over the hill.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

There's a vast gulf of difference between being a Dark Sider and a true member of the Sith. It's the difference between taking your first class of karate and being a black belt. All of these underlings are worthless pawns, like all the Inquisitors in Rebels.

3. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

The Rule of Two lasted a 1000 years until Palpatine's death. Then there were no Sith (officially). Before that time there were armies of Sith.

But the Sith have dark side using pawns, and are not the only dark side users in the galaxy.

4. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Opening crawl - should it, or should it not have one?

Personally, I hope it doesn't have one. This movie needs to stand on its own as much as possible, and the crawl should remain the trademark of the actual Skywalker saga.

5. Ithekro

They've done crawls for most of the games if I recall. And smaller versions of them for the Clone Wars.

6. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Games yes, CW no.

7. Set Harth

Set Harth Admiral Admiral

Indeed, TCW only has a narrator voice-over and the text you see on screen before that is just the fortune-cookie thing which doesn't count as a crawl.

8. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

A lot of the novels (including all the recent ones that count as "Disney Canon") have a piece of text at the beginning which is suppose to seem like a crawl. So there is precedent for crawls outside the movies.

But I agree, there shouldn't be one for this so called Anthology series.

BTW, any idea when we'll get a trailer? My speculation is spring, probably released online for May 4th with a theatrical release the following weekend with Captain America.

9. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I don't know. I honestly expected at least a brief teaser to go along with The Force Awakens, since we got one for that back in November 2014. But yeah, the first full trailer will more than likely be with Civil War.

10. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I'm really hoping the crawl is dropped for Rogue One (although I won't be surprised if it uses one.)

This will be the first big chance to have a different approach finally. Obviously the crawl should always be on the Episodes, but I'd love for each Anthology film to have it's own voice.

11. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Something I just considered, but does it strike anyone else as unfortunate timing that right after the events of TFA and it's (very familiar) Starkiller Base... we get yet another Death Star movie?

Even if Rogue One features the original and best Death Star (and one that doesn't actually get attacked or destroyed in this movie), it's still a story that revolves around the same basic type of threat we just got done watching. And I can't help but wonder if that might undermine a lot of the power and appeal that the movie originally had...

12. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

As you say, the DS will not be attacked or destroyed in R1, so why assume the station itself will actually be a big part of the movie? Outside of some visual cues in a briefing scene or something we might not actually even need to see the actual Death Star in this movie. The plans are what's important.

13. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

The crawl is as much of an identifier of Star Wars as lightsabers. Of course there should be one.

14. Turtletrekker

There won't be any lightsabers...;)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  15. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

Has it been definitively said Vader will not be in this movie?

16. Ithekro

Well it was his task to track down the Rebel base and retrieve those plans. So I would imagine he would be involved. Also having a Sith Lord going after your troops might make the absence of a Jedi very profound.

17. Turtletrekker

I am reasonably sure that it has been said that there won't be any Force wielders in the movie.

18. Ithekro

They said the lack of a Jedi would become painfully obvious. To me that means Vader's going to basically crush them, but they'll get the signal out.

19. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

James Earl Jones confirmed he's doing work for the movie. Interpret that how you will.

20. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Supposedly for nothing more than a hologram cameo. Which is OK. I loved hearing him in Rebels (and can't wait to hear him again), but to be honest, he sounds like his age has caught up with him. Which is perfectly normal for a man of 84 years of age.