Please share your Trip/T’Pol favorites with me!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Sumire, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Nobody2

Nobody2 Ensign Newbie

Anna Yolei likes this.
  2. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

@Sumire, I have not heard of this story, sorry. (But thank you kindly about "Logic, Inescapable." :adore:)

Anna Yolei likes this.
  3. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just a suggestion if you find a story of Trip& T'Pol you like you might want to print it out to read later to save a copy of it. So if a site disappears you can have it in your story collection.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2023
  4. Sumire

Sumire Commander Red Shirt

Yeah, I’ve started saving stories off-site now that the few sites which lasted this long are starting to shutter. It’s a lot though! There are many great fics!

5. Reanok

I think the story your looking for is the The Thorn and the rose on Trip /TPolers site. I remember reading it recently. It has a Vulcan priest and alot of the things you described are in that story.

6. Sumire

Thank you so much for continuing to look! I have read “The Thorn and The Rose” but it isn’t the fic I am looking for. The fic I’m searching for is much shorter and set during Home. It’s pretty darn fluffy, very little angst, everything works out smoothly. More candy floss than full meal, you know?

7. Sumire

Okay, someone on Tumblr found the fic for me and man oh man, I was off by a mile! Some people have a mind like a steel trap. I, apparently, have a mind like a sieve.

1) The fic is 23 chapters long (some pretty short chapters but still twenty three of them)!

2) It’s resolution, which does take up the last nine chapters, is set during the episode “Home.” However, it starts around the episode “Carpenter Street.”

3) It’s on fanfiction.net.

4) I had bookmarked it on ffn because it plays with its inciting “what if” scenario with aplomb, has some serious wrangling of weighty topics and (my weakness) contains a fair amount of humor.

At least it does have a special elderly priest with soulmate sensing powers brought in by Koss’s family, many outsider viewpoints and a very happy ending, so I wasn’t completely off base! >_<;

8. Nobody2

Nobody2 Ensign Newbie

Please share it with us!

9. Sumire

Reanok and Nobody2 like this.
  10. Nobody2

Nobody2 Ensign Newbie

Thanks!

11. Anna Yolei

Anna Yolei Vice Admiral Admiral

I was not much into T/T'P back in the day, but I've always enjoyed the "Unfulfilled/Fulfilled" duology from Samantha Quinn/Zarabithia

....which I WAS going to link here, but apparently she's decided to purge her entire 20+ year old FFN account (possibly due to some of her other drama entanglements in other fandoms as she's garnered a bit of a reputation in the SW fandom in particular) and the only mirror online is a spam filled site that is inaccessible.

Guess it's a reminder for me to save every fic I read, no matter how safe it seems, sigh.

12. Sumire

Oh no! I don’t think I know the “Unfulfilled/Fulfilled” duology but I just hate it when something I wanted to read again gets deleted. I am slowly copying beloved fics from FFN but it’s slow, tedious going.

13. Anna Yolei

Oh phew, I decided to Google under their old username and found the first story on House of Tucker:

http://triptpolers.houseoftucker.com/fiction/author_samantha_quinn_unfulfilled.shtml

And here's the sequel:

http://triptpolers.houseoftucker.com/fiction/author_samantha_quinn_fulfilled.shtml

14. Sumire

What luck! (Those original characters pack a wallop!)

15. Reanok

It's too bad Samantha Quinn deleted her stories off of fanfiction.net I'm glad Trip/TPolers still has some of her stories on their website. I liked some of her stories I read a long time ago.

Anna Yolei likes this.
  16. Anna Yolei

From what I gathered, she bahleted due to wank and drama caused by her own actions over the years since she left Trek fandom. She was especially disliked in the MCU circles by Bucky/Cap fans. In hindsight and knowing how she was here, I can't say it's especially surprising.

As the old Reddit proverb goes, the dildo of consequences rarely arrives lubed ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

17. Reanok

Thanks for the info if she's causing trouble like that it's understandable for being called out for their bad behavior.

Anna Yolei likes this.
  18. Lord Hierarch

Lord Hierarch Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Archer/T'Pol FTW!!

God its been almost 20 years, what am I doing with m life....

STANNING FOR CAPTAIN ARCHER, IS WHAT!! NXFORLIFE!!