NFL 2023: A different shade of green for Aaron Rodgers

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by BlueStuff, Mar 18, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Raiders and Falcons seem to be the teams mentioned the most for Wilson, where they need a QB but aren't getting the top three in the draft. Wilson also doesn't seem like the type of QB who would mentor his successor.

2. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

He would do well to adjust his attitude and approach to his future, in light of his piss-poor performance in Denver. He should enjoy those millions he’s getting now for doing absolutely nothing. Methinks some introspective analysis is necessary on his part to see how he should proceed. He ain’t all that and a bag of chips anymore. I don’t think anyone will be rushing in line to kiss his ass any time soon.

3. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

[​IMG]

137th Gebirg, Ar-Pharazon and BillJ like this.
  4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Why? These are grown men and sometimes emotion in the heat of the moment gets to them. Kelce is still probably the best TE in the game. It would be a shame for him to walk away.

Thestral and Timby like this.
  5. 137th Gebirg

Back when I was engaging in various kinds of sports in high school, nobody EVER thought of yelling at the coach that closely to the point of bumping into him and nearly knocking him over (this actually happened if you watch the video closely). Such action could possibly get you ejected from the team and would most certainly earn you a thorough ass-beating from your teammates (or the coach himself for stepping up to him). You JUST DON'T FUCKING DO THIS. PERIOD. It is thoroughly unprofessional and shows the world how badly the shit-show that is American professional sports has circled down the drain with all the inmates running the asylum.

Sorry, Kelce is just an entitled, over-the-top petulant child, high on the vapors of his own fame and popularity, thinking he can do and say whatever he pleases. Reid's not a young guy, and if he had accidentally gotten injured from Kelce's little tantrum, it would have thrown a pall over the entire thing, possibly forced it to prematurely end. The whole thing was literally millimeters from spiraling out of control had he pressed a little bit further. How would that have looked for the team?

And make no mistake, Andy Reid has done far more for Kansas City than Kelce ever has and IS the best head coach in the NFL right now (no probably about that one). His miraculous recovery and turn-around with the Chiefs, after his final disastrous year with the Eagles, not to mention immediately following the tragic death of his son no less, is far more strife than the pampered Mr. Tay-Tay has likely ever endured in his comparatively short life and career. Most men would crumble under that profound level of soul-rending torture. Reid not only endured and survived it, he reinvented himself and flourished under his new surroundings.

So, are we still continuing to be forgiving of, and apologizing for, these guys with their abhorrent behavior just because they are "the best in the league?" They can do whatever they want, including larceny, aggravated assault, running underground dogfighting rings, so long as they are at the top of their game and they have something to offer for their respective teams? No red lines to not cross anymore? The list is long, apparently. Granted, many of them had already moved on from their respective teams before committing their crimes, but a lot of them hadn't as well.

What a complete dumpster fire the game has become... [​IMG]

6. 137th Gebirg

That is pretty funny. :lol: The incident has been quite a healthy source of new memes lately.

7. BillJ

It isn't a game, it is entertainment. Never make that mistake.

8. 137th Gebirg

So it's all fake?

9. BillJ

I think you get a more realistic sport on Madden.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  10. 137th Gebirg

Hunnhh... Okay. Fair enough.

I have heard of the growing realization that professional sports like the NFL are officially categorized as "Sports Entertainment", as opposed to "Sports Competition", or simply just "Sports". The legal distinction of which actually allows pre-scripting of outcomes, with all the players and team staff as nothing more than glorified actors like one might see in Professional Wrestling, on a higher scale.

If I'm honest, I had actually long suspected this, to some degree (holding my nose and tongue and hoping it wasn't true, of course), including the whole Travis/Taylor thing being a complete fabrication for the purposes of cross-marketing ratings, in an effort to pull in non-conventional demographics to the NFL. I think they've generally succeeded, considering how much the stagnant League's ratings have been flagging in recent years. And there is certainly no shortage of conspiracy theories about it on the internet, both somewhat believable and wildly outrageous. I have seen YouTube videos where players were clearly seen intentionally missing tackles and abysmal play-calling by the zebras in recent years, while not total proof, sadly lends credence to the notion it's all scripted in advance. I had hoped that maybe this was the exception rather than the rule, but it's starting to look more the opposite these days.

There is still a point to be made, however. Kids and young adults are more likely to view these players as role models. This has always been the case. If they see their "heroes" acting like douche nozzles, they're likely to emulate said-douche-nozzlery in real life. Fake or no, it still introduces a highly publicized and negative influence on future generations that I'm not sure our society can endure for much longer. Or maybe I'm just an old fart now and my quaint way of viewing things like this is no longer compatible with reality. I guess I can accept that... :shrug:

11. BillJ

12. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Articles like this are why I detest news aggregator sites. The original article cited by CBS Sports, from The Athletic, doesn't mention Tannehill once, it merely says that the Steelers intend to stick with Kenny Pickett.

BillJ likes this.
  13. Aragorn

Russell Wilson spoke with the Giants and is visiting the Steelers. Although I don't know if he'd want to go to the Steelers, because if it's close between a veteran minimum salary QB and the guy they drafted, they're going to stick with the guy they drafted.

In other news, Missouri Governor Mike Parson, who is a huge Chiefs fan, has commuted the sentence of Britt Reid 16 months into the three-year sentence.

14. BillJ

I think it is fair to say that Pickett is a bust. Lean heavy into a play-action passing game, and they might get two or three years out of Wilson.

They simply aren't going to ever get a shot a franchise QB via the draft constantly going 9-8. Unless they can allow a guy to sit for two to three years. Everyone will point at Brock Purdy, but he a lottery ticket. Aren't too many of him coming around the bend.

Sickening. And the bastard will be right back behind the wheel in no time.

Spider likes this.
  15. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

I'm glad the Texans finally got a franchise QB, and don't have to worry about that for a while. I also said that after Watson's 1st season as well. :lol:

BillJ likes this.
  16. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

The Pats are done with the Mac Jones experiment. They're working on a deal to send the QB to the Jaguars.

Unless Goldilocks has a really bad spell, it seems like Jones is destined to battle for the backup spot.

Pats have the #3 pick at the moment.

17. Aragorn

That gives the Jags the first and fifth QBs taken in the 2021 draft. And the three in between could probably be had for cheap too.

18. BillJ

I still don't know what Bill Belichick was thinking in 2022.

19. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Bucs re-sign Baker Mayfield to a 3 year/$100M contract with $50M guaranteed.

BillJ likes this.
  20. BillJ

I think that ends up being a good deal for both sides.

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.