Next Generation on Sci-Fi

USS Kongo

Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
I just noticed that Next Gen is now showing on the Sci-Fi Channel. My first thought was: "What took them so long to get this?"

It just seemed like a natural pairing.

Sean

I have all the TNG DVD sets, but rarely watch them. Put TNG back on TV, and I've not missed an episode yet :lol:

Hard to explain, watching 'Trek on DVD isn't as much...fun, I guess that'd be the right word, as watching it on TV.

Well, we can all agree that Trek in general is criminally underplayed on television (with the exception of VOY).

Starting next week it goes to one airing a week on Tuesdays at 7:00pm.

They should show it at 7:00 pm on Saturday nights. That was when I used to watch the first-run episodes. Sometimes, when I'm feeling nostalgic, I'll watch an episode I have on DVD at that exact time and day.

Sean

They should show it at 7:00 pm on Saturday nights. That was when I used to watch the first-run episodes. Sometimes, when I'm feeling nostalgic, I'll watch an episode I have on DVD at that exact time and day.

Sean

Same for me dude, with a 6PM encore on Sundays of the previous week's episode. It was the "Saturday ritual" around the house, from 6PM to 8PM, I took the phone off the hook, popped a big bowl of popcorn, and vegged out to 'Trek for a couple hours a week.

Originally it was TOS at 6PM, TNG at 7PM. Then it became TOS at 6PM, TNG at 7PM, DS9 at 8PM. When TNG ended it went TOS at 5PM, TNG at 6PM, DS9 at 7pm, Voyager at 8PM.

Sean

Right on! When I was growing up, it didn't matter what else was going on Saturday, when 7 PM rolled around we piled into the living room and ate dinner with TNG.

Back