Loreley - A STAR TREK Fan Production "PART II: MONSTER" (4K)

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by fiveoften, Apr 7, 2024.

1. fiveoften

fiveoften Ensign Newbie

Hi! Our group of Star Trek fans and filmmakers from Germany set out to produce high quality Star Trek fan films around 2.5 years ago. We produced a small 10 minute film as a test to see if we can pull it off and then worked for 2 years on an almost hour long fan film called "Loreley Part II: Monster".

Last weekend we finally released the movie on youtube. It is in German but has English / French subtitles available. We would love for you to watch it and let us know what you think:

Based on all the feedback we got so far, people really seem to love the film and its mix of the more modern look and pacing of the Kelvin timeline and the more classic TOS / TNG storyline and characters. We really hope you'll enjoy it as much as we enjoyed making it. Lets us know here or in the youtube comments what you think. Thank you so much!

The Loreley Productions Team

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

fireproof78, Forsythe and Tosk like this.
  2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

This looks really cool!
    I love that it's not so uptight about getting details of the universe 100% accurate.

3. fiveoften

fiveoften Ensign Newbie

haha yes you are right. We take our creative freedom. The LCARS and the Bridge are best examples. I am not a great modeler. I can good lighting, texturing and animating but not modelling. So i take a voyager bridge and redesign it. I liked the old lcars and not the new JJ/disco style. so i chose to make the physical main console with lcars so i can use it in the most fanfilms too.

F. King Daniel likes this.
  4. Forsythe

Forsythe Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I enjoyed this. I love the design choices. Not sure if the use of the "Kelvin-verse" style Klingon helmets was done to be pragmatic, and avoid not having to do the extensive and difficult makeup, or if it was simply an aesthetic choice. Whatever the reason, it works well. A thoroughly enjoyable Trek episode. Nice job!

5. fiveoften

fiveoften Ensign Newbie

Thank you very much. Yea in the design we take us a little bit freedom. the lcars decision was made to get a known trek look. You are right the helmet was a pragmatic decision but not for make up. The Klingons are complete computer generated with Unreal Engine 5 Metahumas. At this time we create the movie we dont get the forehead deformation right. so we put the helmet on. the helmet real help to sell the effect.

Thank you very much

6. Forsythe

Forsythe Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

The fact that this detail passed my notice means you did an excellent job. Either I'm slipping in my old age, was taken away by the story, or both. Bravo!

CorporalCaptain likes this.
  7. fiveoften

fiveoften Ensign Newbie

That is the best compliment. Thank you

Forsythe likes this.
  8. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed this, particularly the characters of Sirta and Captain McClane. Congratulations on completing what appears to have been quite an ambitious production.