Least liked character per series

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by indolover, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can't really disagree with this list, except for Leeta; they're great, er, she's great.
    I'd probably have to go with Odo for DS9, the grumpy shape shifter thing just never really did anything for me.

2. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

TOS - I don't have. Been trying to think but I can't say I dislike any of the characters.

TNG - Probably Riker or Dr. Crusher. Riker was really smug and smarmy, Crusher never did anything for me. Not a massive fan of Geordi either.

DS9 - I think Jadzia or Bariel. Winn I hated, but that was the point of the character so I kind of enjoyed hating her. Bariel was just Mr. Dull from Dullsville. Jadzia, well, everyone seemed to think she was amazing. I don't agree.

VOY - Chakotay. Bores me every time he appears.

ENT - This is a tough one, I actually liked all of the cast and I wish they had developed Mayweather, Hoshi and Reed more because when they did episodes which focused on them I enjoyed them. I'll cheat a bit and go for Daniels who was a bit of a dweeb.

3. Anika Hanson

Anika Hanson Captain Captain

TOS- Janice Rand
    TNG- Beverley Crusher
    DS9- Sisko
    Voy- Nelix
    ENT- Dr Phlox

4. kythe

kythe Commander Red Shirt

Funny you should mention Kai Winn. I almost put her as my least liked character for DS9, except that I think she's the kind of character you are supposed to "love to hate". She was very well acted. :)

5. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

I should hope so, considering she was played by an Oscar-winner. ;)

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

One of my favorite characters ever in Trek. Fantastic nuanced character and acting.

7. DS9

DS9 Lieutenant Red Shirt

For mine, I am sticking with main characters. In most cases, my picks have to do with the characters themselves, not the actors.

TOS: Sulu (Didn't do much. I love George Takei as a person though.)
    TNG: Wesley Crusher (Probably my least favorite Trek character of all time.)
    DS9: That is a hard one for me because it is my favorite show but if I had to pick, it would have to be Bashir.
    Voy: Harry Kim (Wasn't very well written for.)
    Enterprise: Malcolm Reed (I don't like his personality.)

8. DS9

DS9 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Jadzia? Really?

9. DS9

DS9 Lieutenant Red Shirt

That is the way I felt about Uhura as well. You would think that in the movies she would shine more, but no. I really like her but she was never written well for.

10. Mr_Homn

Mr_Homn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Lol.

Chekov seems to be the standard "Well, I didn't hate anyone, but If I have to choose one...." choice.

Poor little Russian.

Always the last guy picked for dodgeball...

11. Admiral Shran

Admiral Shran Admiral Admiral

You are aware of the "character" of Travis Mayweather, aren't you?

12. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

I think when he wrote "all of the series", he didn't mean all of the Star Trek shows, but only all of TNG.

Okay, well, here's my list:

TOS - I really love all of the big seven, so I'll just say ... Pike. Seriously, thank god Jeffrey Hunter didn't want to do the show.

TNG - Wesley. Because when he started out he was plain annoying, and just when they had him actually become interesting they wrote him out of the show.

DS9 - Now, this situation is similar to the TOS one, I actually like them all, but ... well, Sisko got pretty annoying towards the last few seasons with the whole emissary thing, and Dukat ... I felt, the writers didn't really know what to do with Dukat, so they tried this, failed, tried that, failed again, went on trying. With Dukat, it really was the actor saving the character.

VOY - ... pretty much everyone but the Doctor.

ENT - Mayweather. Now, here's a token if you've ever seen one.
    Producer A: "We'll need a black guy."
    Producer B: "Okay, let's make the helmsman black."
    Producer A: "Nice, but really, I have no idea what to do with the helmsman."
    Producer B: "Me neither. Just have him on the bridge and in all the promo shoots of the crew."

NuTrek - That would be Sulu, and it'd be because of the actor. With every other casting in the movie, I can see why they were cast, most look enough like the original character, some at least got talent they showed in this movie. What made John Cho qualify as Sulu other than being of Asian heritage? He doesn't look much like Takei, he hasn't got a prominent deep voice like Takei, and he doesn't show much talent (to be fair, he really didn't get much chance, but still). Seriously, the guy who plays Sulu on "Phase II" is better qualified.

13. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I will say that I applaud TPTB for not trying to duplicate Jadzia's character, and going in a different direction. Just not my cup of tea, Earl Gray, hot.

14. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Meant of all the shows. Mayweather may have had little to do over four seasons but LaForge had little to do but spout technobabble for seven seasons and four feature films.

15. FalsePriest

FalsePriest Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

TNG- Deanna... she's just sort of useless
    DS9- Zek. He isn't necessarily so bad, but every time a story involves him... it's not so hot.
    VOY- Neelix. I used to love the guy... but, well, the hedgehog's gotta go.

Haven't seen enough TOS or ENT to make a call.

16. MrBorg

MrBorg Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

TOS - Kirk. I just didn't like him.
    TNG - Wesley Crusher... Seriously, he was like a walking plot-device, and a lot of times he seemed to be portrayed as being more intelligent than Data. Also, Worf sucked until the later seasons, because up until then all he could do was say "Grrrrr...".
    DS9 - Major ****ing Kira. My eyes! MY EYES! AAAAGH! Not only is she more ugly than a pile of crap, her voice makes me cringe.
    VOY - Harry Kim. He was useless, really.
    ENT - Archer. His incompetence level was so high that his pet dog would make a better captain than him.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  17. HoneyBLilly

HoneyBLilly Commodore Commodore

TOS) Kirk: he's egotistical, he's an idiot, can't run a ship without getting into a fight. Plus I'm not a huge Shatner fan.

TNG) Deanna: "Captain, I'm sensing hostility." Well dee-dah-dee

DS9) AGH! I don't know . . . . I love them all . . . I love to hate the bad guys . . . I guess . . . . Ezri only because there wasn't a lot of time to get to know her.

VOY) Seven of Nine. I love Jeri Ryan, but I would have been very happy if Seven had been sucked out of the airlock in Scorpion II

ENT) Right now I'm saying Hoshi, I'm not very fond of her.

18. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    TOS: Scotty, Chekov and Riley (esp when overdoing the accents/cultural traits)
    TNG: Troi (but only seasons 1-mid6) and Dr Crusher.
    DS9: Ferengis ok in small doses; Bareil... zzzzzz (and most of the Bajoran leaders)
    VOY: Kim was a bit dull. All of Janeway's lovers (dull and unworthy)
    ENT: Reed was underwritten and a lazy cultural stereotype. For me he was the Troi of ENT and might have developed better if show had continued.

19. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

TOS: Chapel or Rand.
    TNG: Wesley
    DS9: Jadzia Dax
    VOY: Neelix
    ENT: Travis (who had promise but developed into a complete nothing of a character)

20. chinaski

chinaski Ensign Newbie

TNG- Riker... Creep!

DS9- The Station Ferengi were all cool, but the rest drove me nuts

TOS- Chekhov

VOY- all cool, but Kes is a little 'too' sweet for me

ENT- Love Kirk... but 'what is this thing you Earth men call love?'... please! groan!!!!