J/7 10 years on.Will there still be sparks or will it died out?

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Janeway7trulv, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Janeway7trulv

Janeway7trulv Commander Red Shirt

I was thinking , if we all had the good fortune to be graced with a new Voyager Movie , do you think the sparks between Janeway and Seven still be there?

The stars themselves have moved onto lead completely different lives ie; Ryan married with a kid and Mulgrew over in NY with a new boyfriend

Maybe the chemistry will not be as powerful- somewhat stagnant and lack that electrifying cosmic magnetism it once had.. Just a thought;)

2. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

There is never going to be a Voyager movie.

3. Janeway7trulv

:eek: Say what?? your kidding right???:eek::eek::eek:.... Yea i know they wont be :(...but if they where :wtf:

4. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

No offense, but nobody (except for you, apparently, given your choice of username) gives two flying shits about Janeway, 7 of 9, or whatever relationships they had or didn't have ten years ago; probably not even the actors who played them. Especially not casual, non-Trek-fan moviegoers which is the target audience for Trek films these days.

But feel free to write a fanfic about your fantasy and post it in the Fan Fiction section of the TrekBBS. Maybe you'll drum up some interest. It couldn't be any worse than that Captain Worf show that's going to debut any time now...

5. Janeway7trulv

:eek: wooo such overwhelming affection..Im truly honored to be the bain of your extreme distress. Cup of Tea perhaps or do you not give a "flying fuck" as you eloquently put it ?;)

6. hux

hux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't even remember sparks first time round. They had some decent chemistry but I thought Seven and the doctor had even more to be honest.

Today they would look ridiculous. Well Jeri might still be able to pull off that catsuit but Mulgrew has embraced the look of an avuncular, bloated grand mother

Voyager movie!!! That would appeal to about eight people

7. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

You asked the question and I answered it. You speak fantasy, I spoke reality. If you don't like my answer, that's not my problem.

8. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

First of all, it's bane. Second, are you referring to a potential relationship between Seven of Nine and Janeway, or are you referring to the off-camera relationship between actresses Jeri Ryan and Kate Mulgrew?

If its the former, I never saw much between the two suggesting that a relationship was possible beyond friendship. If it's the latter, I would imagine that Mulgrew will be on her best behavior, as most fans aware of the feud between the two actresses appear to sympathize more with Ryan than with Mulgrew.

Either way, Voyager's not getting a movie, nor were they ever. The show was on its last legs during the seventh season. "Endgame" felt more like a difficult bowel movement than it did a series finale.

--Sran

9. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

C'mon.

I could easily see a hot lesbian scene in a rebooted Voyager movie between nuJaneway (Mila Kunis) and nuSeven (Kate Upton)! :devil:

10. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A-hem. No offense either but there are plenty of people who give a shit about Janeway and/or Seven, otherwise there would be no activity in the Voyager sub-forum.

I agree there won't be a Voyager movie since 1)even at the time it was one of the less popular (and less well written) Star Trek series 2) who says all the actors would still be up for it? 3)If DS9 doesn't get a movie, Voy sure as heck won't get one. 4) Why would they make a move about a show that has been off the air for over a decade? 5) the Abramsverse.

And even if, for some unfathomable reason, there was a Voy movie, there'd be no Janeway/Seven slash in it. The two characters had a mother/daughter relationship and the two actresses loathed one another.
    I really don't get that need of "fandom" to turn every sort of friendship between characters into "shipping" material.

11. hux

hux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wait, you mean to tell me we have to restrict ourselves to discussing reality :eek:

Then what have I been doing on this forum for the last five years? Wasting my life? because sir, I find that hard to believe. The very notion that discussing the possible sentience of a fictional character is wasting ones life is.......

.....Oh shit I've totally wasted my life, haven't i

But seriously, Let the girl play. Who does it hurt.

If a Voyager movie was made, Janeway would smoulder just as she unleashes the final death blow on the villain. At that precise moment, Seven's eyes would meet the captains and they would gaze longingly at one another as though aching for each others touch. Fade to black

Best. Movie. Ever

12. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Let me be a little clearer: Nobody who has the power to create Star Trek movies and TV shows gives two flying shits about Janeway and 7 of 9.

13. eyeresist

eyeresist Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This really should be in the VOY forum.

14. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

There is a thread like this in the VOY forum. Guess who started it?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  15. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The only sparks or chemistry between Seven and Janeway was in the minds of fans who wanted to see it there. AKA, shipping. There was no romantic love between them. Ever. Never ever ever. To pretend there was for fun is one thing, but to see something that seriously was never there to begin with.....

16. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That sounds better. Sorry for my knee-jerk reaction, it's just a pet peeve of mine when people expand their opinion over everyone else.

17. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, we're getting a Trek fan movie with Tuvok and Ichab...
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjeX5drV9ms[/YT]

18. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

I used to think I was J/7 advocate, but what I really always meant to be is a B/7 one. Now I know it. You know it too. There will be a Voyager movie, but it will not feature J/7 romance. Just B/7 one. And Tom and Harry too.

19. Janeway7trulv

Of course , your a bloke , you would not have pick up those intense vibes or maybe you didnt want to .. a blow to the manhood perhaps?:p

20. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

And probably be much more successful.