Is Naruto Shippuden going to be on Cartoon Network or not?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Seraphim, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Pilot Ace

Pilot Ace Captain Captain

I'd never heard it mentioned anywhere before Sci-Fi started showing it, I still don't see it talked about too often. I'd recommend it to most fans of sci-fi though.

I did hear often about Ergo Proxy and gave it a shot. I barely made it 9 episodes before giving up. I guess it was partially due to the extreme goth/emo visual style of the series (I use this description in general terms, since this quite evidently the intention) that was just increasingly irritating to watch. The story also seemed to travel at a snail's pace before...

The male protagonist somehow gets ejected from the city and starts hanging around on the surface, I guess?

At that point I just shrugged it off and felt it wasn't worth it. Maybe someday I'll revisit it... Same goes for Witch Hunter Robin, which I feel utilized the goth/emo visual style much better (mostly because they used it less), but still had a problem with its storytelling. I only made it 4 episodes before my attention drifted off to other things. I definitely see myself revisiting WHR sometime.

2. zakkrusz

zakkrusz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^And that style of storytelling is one of the main reasons I liked both of Ergo Proxy and Witch Hunter Robin so much that type actually helps hold my interest in a series. I like the moody brooding ones, although, admittently I can enjoy nearly every type of anime really. I'm not too picky. I've even been known to watch stuff aimed at girls like Fruits Basket and Vampire Knight even though I'm a guy. *shrugs* To each his own I guess. You should probabally stay away from Type/Moon works too like Lunar Legend Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night, and Kara no Kyoukai (The Garden of Sinners) and the Hell Girl franchise as well.

You'll have at least two choices:
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/
    http://naruto.viz.com/

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009