I'm building the entire Starship Enterprise interior at 1:25 scale

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Mike Nevitt, Mar 5, 2023.

1. Tallguy

Tallguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why would it be proto?

Never noticed that. So awesome!

2. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

I suppose those lower deck spaces, like where you stuck the giant mushroom room, could have also worked and been a little closer to the size of the empty rec room seen in "Joker".

3. Macintosh

Macintosh Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Time was we'd have thought a starship having a dedicated room for mushrooms was eccentric. I miss those days.

Richard S. Ta and F. King Daniel like this.
  4. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

Heh, I tend to partition TOS off into it’s own thing so the connection never even occurred to me.

publiusr, blssdwlf and fireproof78 like this.
  5. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

TOS as it's own thing, separated from TMP forward, is the best way for me. I enjoy it way more because it feels wide open and full of possibilities.

6. aridas sofia

aridas sofia Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It’s been a long tome since I did that so I’m not sure my memory is accurate, but I believe the placement on deck seven was from TMoST. The “giant mushroom” room is the botanical garden so it was purposely near where it ended up in TMP.

I should point out relative to this holodeck business that next to the botanical garden is the zoology lab, and those confined little cages the Capellan power cat, mugato, and Regulan eel bird are stuck in were intended by me to be mini holospaces.

7. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

The first minute of the first Star Trek Continues episode “Pilgrim Of Eternity” showed us a TOS era “holodeck.” However, it’s something they never revisted.

Phaser Two and Richard S. Ta like this.
  8. Tallguy

It's a next level kind of meta where a guy does a whole show to cosplay an old show and then inside of that show he has a scene so the FX guy can cosplay an even older show.

Richard S. Ta and Warped9 like this.
  9. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

It was fun. I’m a TOS first guy and I also really like Have Gun—Will Travel.

10. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

You might disagree with some of his ideas, but his project still captures the imagination.

11. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Having a Jeffries tube *up front* might be nice for him on the leading edge, that has a different exterior color anyway.

Henoch likes this.
  12. Metryq

Metryq Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

STC did revisit the holodeck in the episode "The White Iris."

Phaser Two and ZapBrannigan like this.
  13. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Oops, thats right! I forget…possibly because I really didn’t like that episode. It was such a contemporary perspective with the idea that Kirk was somehow broken and had to be “fixed” to be whole. TOS would never have done a story like that about its major character. It was very much a contemporary Trek type of story.

Indeed a distinctive strain of contemporary mindset runs through STC that keeps the series from really feeling like genuine TOS. Instead of focusing on writing TOS type stories (and the way they were written) they couldn’t resist writing it more like TNG and inserting callouts to later productions to connect-the-dots and show off their knowledge of franchise lore.

There was a lot I liked about STC, but they needed better script editing, resist the fanboy callouts and ditch the current day mindset. They made creative choices I found truly stupid and even insulting to TOS’ overall vision.

At some point I want to do a revisit of STC to see how it holds up after not seeing it for awhile. I watched it while they were being released and even contributed to their Kickstarter drive. But I do remember feeling a roller coaster of emotions from “Thats freakin’ awesome!” to “Aww, c’mon! Why did they do that?” There were things I really wish they would have done and things I think they absolutely should not have done.

At least, unlike TOS-R, they were respectful of the original hangar deck. :D

Last edited: Mar 31, 2024
  14. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

1:25 scale dorsal…

15. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

16. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I love the project but those clickbait titles are getting a bit old. Most of them are just variations on the same proclamation. :D

feek61 likes this.
  17. Tallguy

"I'm building the entire Starship Enterprise and you won't believe what happened next!"
    "You can build the entire Starship Enterprise with this one neat trick!"
    "Paramount hates it when you build the entire Starship Enterprise but if you do this they can't stop you!"

THOSE are clickbait titles.

18. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Yes, I agree. They would be too. Okay, how about "generically boastful"? I just miss the more specific titles is all. Not a big deal. :)

Tallguy likes this.
  19. Tallguy

I don't know if Mike is following us here at all (I almost hope for his mental health he isn't) but I just noticed that this project just hit a year last month! And he's still working and posting on the regular. Congratulations, Sir!

20. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Continues to impress.