How important is social networking for you?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Gryffindorian, May 24, 2013.

1. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I'm on Facebook, but I use it infrequently. It's too impersonal for me; for socializing, I prefer a nice little forum.

It's useful as a central clearinghouse of friends and family, though. I have people on there from two old jobs and my current job, various acquaintances from online forums and a bunch of relatives, some of whom I only see a couple of times a year in real life. So it's good to have if I have an announcement that I want to get to everybody, and it's a good way for people to get a message to me.

2. BennieGamali

BennieGamali Commander Red Shirt

I use FB to show everyone my beautiful pets mostly. Also I use it as a photo bucket. And for uni... And remembering b-days. And to brag about my camel collection.

But I'm more fond of forums, online gaming and talking to people I don't know IRL. It's fun to talk to people from outside of my life. People from other countries and parts of the world..

I don't understand the point of twitter. I do use Instagram to post pics of my pets and to look at dogs.

3. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

I deleted three more FB contacts today (my nephew and two nieces). :lol:

I've tried to delete the primary account a number of times, but the stupid thing keeps getting reactivated when I log in to one of my devices (laptop, tablet, smartphone). I figured I should start deleting the people I dislike the most or have zero communication with.

4. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Took me a long time to use my Twitter account but now I use it more than Facebook. Basically I use it for 4 things: Fitness account, science-tech, sf and news. Many times I have gotten news reports local and national before it appears anywhere else. I get inside info first from Twitter, and I have hundreds of like-minded fit people there too.

RAMA

5. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^This. I only have three or four people I would consider friends and my family contact me directly. I'm not a social person, so this site is all the "socializing" I'm likely to do.