House. A new team of Doclings?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, Sep 15, 2009.

1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Not a clue, I also don't remember that. :lol:

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

It's not from an episode, it's from real life. A medical fellowship is typically three years in duration.

3. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

Ah right thanks. Wasn't Chase on House's team for four years? What was his status?

4. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

5. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

The article says that House walks with a limp due to a gunshot wound, which isn't true (house lost muscles in his leg as an alternative to amputation following an infarction (blood clot) in his leg.

So, yeah, I'm dubious to accuracy of that article. While I'm sure walking with a limp isn't easy, or good, on you I would think that article is over blowing things a bit or taking comments out of context.

6. bigdaddy

They could always heal his leg on the show again anyways. i know that would mean he wouldn't need his meds, but give him an arm issue or something instead.

I'm not worried, more so because i remember last year he signed a three year deal to be on the show, that would be season 8. Also isn't Daily Mail the UK version of Fox "News"?

7. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

There's no way to "heal his leg" he has a large chunk of its muscle removed.

8. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

It's an interesting issue the daily fail raised, because I noticed when he was on a couple of the late night talk shows that he actually walks like that when he isn't on the show like his hip is bothering him...

9. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I actually had noticed that too when I saw him not too long ago on TVGuide channel. They were interviewing him for House and he seemed to have the limp (I just assumed maybe he was doing it for promotion at the time).

10. Serial thread killer

I remember reading about a actress on ER her who played Doctor Weaver who had a limp and the writers had to heal the characters leg because of all the years the actress had been playing the character had started to injure the actress's leg in real life.

11. Serial thread killer

Put it this way i saw this headline in other papers...UK government refuse to take any immigrants from the Calais camp that is soon to be shut.
    The Daily fail went with...UK government forced to take in immigrants from Calais camp:rolleyes:

12. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

They already, at least temporarily, healed his leg once. It's television...they could come up with anything to heal his leg.

Hell, I think it would be really interesting to see how House adapts to not having pain or meds as a crutch.

13. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^I think you guys are using different definitions of "heal his leg." Trekker is right that they can't restore the muscle that was taken, but they did previously find a way to end the pain he was suffering, which causes his limp -- and I seem to recall reading that that was done specifically because of the health problems Hugh Laurie was having because of faking the limp. So if those problems are recurring, they could "heal" him in the sense of ending the pain again.

14. bigdaddy

They heeled it once they can do it again. It's TV, they can make something up. Considering he went nuts and will be returning to a doctor in like 3 episodes, what difference does realism make?

Hell stick him in a wheelchair, now that would be entertaining.

15. Data Holmes

They could always say that his pain wasn't real. That it was in his head and used as an excuse for his pill addiction...

16. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

That could be possible... drug addiction can cause people to believe they are experiencing pain when they are not.

17. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

^ Cuddy said exactly that to House in 'Under My Skin'.

18. Data Holmes

See... laying the ground work.